Thursday, October 30, 2008

Keturah ~ Mud is YUCKY!


Today is Keturah's second birthday party, and we are SO excited!! We have some FUN games planned! Let's just say that our guests are going to get to see a FUN view of Mr. Savage that they probably have never seen before. It's going to be a blast.

This was taken at the pumpkin patch, she was telling me what she thought of the mud there. Ha... so funny.
This is just to show how powerful a little photoshop can be. I wanted to share what the original photo looked like. I believe this is an AWESOME example of an amazing before and after. I KNOW, as a photographer you are never supposed to share your "bad" shots... lol.. and this isn't really a bad shot. But I also want to teach others and help them learn what is possible. The left hand side shows the photo SOOC, (or Straight Out Of the Camera)... WHAT a difference, huh??!! Look at the colors. Look at her hair. The tone went from cool to warm (my favorite). Just wanted to share what is possible with a little effort and leaning. Oh, and a little program that they sell at Costco! Just remember... it's not entirely the camera that caprures those amazing shots... a lot of it is the post processing. Happy Birthday Turah!!!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh how adorable! I love that you have such a little girlie girl (though not unreasonably so, if that makes any sense) amongst all your boys. She is such a precious gift (as are all your children, but you know what I mean). I hope your party is a blast, as I am sure it will be. Sorry to miss it. :( Thanks for sharing your photos. I am excited to see what camera you may choose, as I would like to piggy-back off your research when buying my own eventually. :) Love you!

Goetsch Family, Jr. said...

I can't wait to get back so we can start our lesson swapping. I am so excited for you to teach me EVERYTHING about good picture taking, and about the photoshop program, also.

Karilee said...

Thanks for sharing your pics and your comparisons are so helpful. I love to see side by sides like that.
I see you're considering a Nikon... such a wise woman. I have a Nikon and I love it! I've never owned a Canon so I can't say from personal experience that I prefer one over the other. However, I know LOTS of people who swear that Canon is "da bomb" of cameras and after looking at lots and lots of comparison shots I really prefer the color that a Nikon produces. I know you can do things post processing, but if you don't have to, then great!!
I ordered mine through Costco, they always have killer deals.
Can't wait to see what you choose!
Wish I could get in on some of that lesson swapping too. You should do photoshop tutorials and post them online, to help out us normal people. :)