No, no, before anybody gets any ideas about my post title, Dan didn't fall down and say bad words. Haha! It was Keturah that fell down ... and a brother that said the bad word. I'll get to that in a minute.
But her face! Ah! Wouldn't you know it... 2 days before her second birthday party (where I would be taking pictures) she falls on the side of a wall and gets a big ole bruise on her cheek! She also did this right before her FIRST birthday party also! I'll include a photo of that below.
Her face has been void of bumps and bruises for MONTHS, she has even hit her head a few times in her hair... but NOW, she had to go and do this! Put a big shiner on her cheek. LOL Oh well. The Lord knew. And pictures are meant to portray REAL life. That still doesn't remove the temptation I have to dab a little makeup on her face for her party. I am NOT obsessive, stop rolling your eyes! I'm just being efficient... see.... yah... because if I dab on a little makeup for her party pics, then I don't have to use the healing brush in photoshop and remove it from each photo!! Giggle.... all kidding aside, she won't be wearing makeup, don't worry.
Yes, she had some "art time" and decided the paper wasn't quite enough for her, she wanted to try those markers on a different texture. They wash right off though. She is showing her boo-boo cheek here.
Here she is at her first birthday party... with a big green bonk mark on her forehead. This bruise had more time to ripen.
And lastly, ahem... let's just say this is a beautiful photo of Dan's weapon against a filthy mouth. No cussin' in our house! And no, it wasn't Josiah. Nor Malachi. :)




8 comments:
Her and Gracie could be pals this week with the owie's. I hope your pictures come out well. Soap cleans so many things doesn't it! LOL
Bumps and bruises seem to go with getting pictures taken at my house too. I can totally identify.
As for the soap. Love it. We have a bar that looks much the same. lol. If you have any hotel soaps, I can share with you how to fold the wrapper to make a neat carrying case to keep in your purse. :)
Our favorite variety is Irish spring. No cussing yet but it has been used for some tall tales...
Jenny, liquid soap works even better, it gets all sudsy as they start to cry and salivate..lol my kids hated that when they were little, and it was mostly for backtalking and being sassy!
Yikes. I remember the soap. Liquid is worse, because it oozes everywhere. :(
Keturah was just trying to put on some makeup of her own! LOL! Thank goodness for Photoshop!
Love it!! Oh the tails we gain through life's experiences!I have a great pic. of Anna at her 2nd birthday, she had a nasty bruise on her forehead and Naomi had cut Anna's bangs clear to the scalp- what a beauty queen! and makeup wouldn't help!!LOL! Come over sometime and I'll show!!! ;)
~Emily H.
Oh, that sweet bright-eyed girl has a HUGE bruise on her cheek! Wow, that must have been quite a fall! I love the soap picture, though not necessarily what caused it, of course. :) Miss you guys sooooo much!
Post a Comment