Monday, October 27, 2008

Josiah's Piano Recital


We had the wonderful opportunity last weekend to attend Josiah's first piano recital. He is doing so well, I'm so proud of him!! He began lessons in February and I think he has come so far. There are many things that he can do on the piano that I CANNOT do, and scales he knows that I need to learn! He did so well at his recital, he didn't seem nervous at all. We couldn't have been more pleased. It is such a blessing to see your children work hard at something that produces a result... one that they can use for the Lord one day. I praise God for Josiah. He has battled more than one rare and fearful disease in his young life and I thank God for allowing us to raise him for as long as He wills.


LOL... check out the "rico suave" expression on his face.



His teacher. She is wonderful.



Two funny brothers. We are paying Josiah to teach Gabriel piano... we are hoping it will reinforce everything for Josiah, while providing him a small income... encourage brotherly teamwork, and that Gabriel will learn how to play. LOL! Then again, it may all blow up in our face, we'll see. :)


Isaiah is looking older, isn't he?









A video of one of his songs that he played. "Horse and Sleigh" ... and Keturah saying, "Give it back" to somebody about something.

7 comments:

Joy said...

WOW!! He is AMAZING! I LOVE the video! That is fantastic! :):)

Hazel Eye Beauty said...

That's a good idea about paying him to teach his brother. I can't see the video, do I need a special program on my pc to see it?

Karilee said...

Great Job Josiah!!
Caleb and Sophia both take piano lessons and it is such a blessing to see them begin to serve the Lord with their music.
Love the video! Keep up the good work!

I am truly blessed said...

Oh he did a great job. Tell him well done!! For only playing for such a short time...he is doing great.

Anonymous said...

keep it up Josiah! The Lord may use your talent in a great way one day!! We have a friend that is after us to "try again" with the girls. We shall see! ;)

~Emily H.

Tom and April said...

Wonderful Josiah! You must have one good teacher ;) I think that is a great idea too about paying Gabe to teach his brother. You have a great bunch of kiddos, although I do have to ask what are you teaching them.....Gabe came up and said to me listen to my song"JIngle bells jingles bells batman smells robin laid an egg, ect." HAHA.....it was funny he said you taught him that! HEHE:)

Jenny said...

Yea!! Go Siah! What a great job he did! He is growing into sucha handsome boy. :) Fun post!