Monday, March 30, 2009

Our Awesome Zoo Trip!! ('cept the animals were all dead)



Cabelas! Have you ever been to this place?! It's a sporting goods/outfitter store/restaurant -- but it also has tons of stuffed (as in taxidermy) animals!! You get to be close to the animals, and they are all set up in realistic scenes. It was a blast! Of course, I had to bring along my camera! Thank you, Kristi, for the great idea of checking out this store!! I would have NEVER known about it!



This creepy catfish (or whatever it is??) photo is a little blurry - but the thing wouldn't stop swimming, and I wasn't about to use my flash on the aquarium glass.

















Yuck. Baboons are sooooo creepy to me!!!

Keturah riding the rocking elk toy, with Isaiah in the background. Also pictured in the background is the world's MOST HIDEOUS RECLINER ever. I can't believe they make camo living room furniture and then charge high prices for it. Absolutely crazy.











My onliest daughter. She wasn't even afraid of the animals!










Malachi kept leaning back in his cart for fun. I love this photo because it just captures Dan's eyes smiling at him.











I also love this one... Dad showing the animals to Keturah. I love capturing sweet, private moments like this. *sigh*












My awesome husband -- who lovingly changes diapers, rocks babies and works so hard to make family day special and fun for all.













A deer. I don't know what kind. Maybe Tom would know?















Gobble gobble.













The view from the upper level.

8 comments:

~~Deby said...

We went there too...it sure is a interesting place....do you wonder if the animals come alive AFTER everyone is gone....hmmmmm?
You got great pics, Jenny, per usual...

Amanda said...

HeeHee... Tom knows all their names!! Hey maybe I can keep him away from your blog a while so we won't have to go again for a while....jk... Just kidding we love Cabelas!! Oh and their kettle corn is SSSOOOO good! Glad you had a great time!

Hazel Eye Beauty said...

Looks like fun! We need a family day! Hey, have you picked out a place for lunch yet? I'm ready when you are.

Jenny said...

What fun! We love Cabella's, and whenever we see one we like to stop in them, though not necessarily to purchase anything, but just to look around. What a fun family outing!

The Browning Family said...

I agree about the baboons. They are NOT right!
Fun pics. Isaac sure enjoyed them.

Karilee said...

What a fun outing!
We've never been to a Cabela's, as there isn't one near us...or at least I don't know about it.
As for those Baboons...they just look evil. Something about those stripy thingys by their noses, AND I don't like the position of their nose in relation to their eyes.
So, that was probably waaay to detailed about why I don't like them either, but since YOU mentioned it I took time to really study your pic and decide why I don't like them.
There. I'm resolved not to like Baboons AND I have a reason! Thanks Jen, what a fulfilling day!
:)

Jeanné said...

Cabelas is so much fun!! But, if you have not gone..you should go to the Bass Pro Shop..there is none here is WA, unfortunently..Christopher took me there when we were in MO las summer..It was DEFENENTLY cooler then Cabelas..and I LOVE CABELAS! What a fun trip!

Michelle H said...

Sadly, I know a man in our church who would LOVE the camo furniture. His poor sweet wife. Hopefully the price will keep him away!