
First let me apologize for the super creepy look on my face...what is up with that? Like a far off... dreamy... sad look. Who knows! This was the only photo Dan took, and it was just for my picture of the day of my dilated eyes.
I went to the eye doctor yesterday to have a check up. It had been a very very long time since my last one. Like maybe 10 years.
We have been having LOTS of appointments this month, taking advantage of our insurance for the last month that we have it. Last week was my final dentist appointment needed - I now have zero cavities! Such a great feeling. Dan goes to the dentist today.
So, I go to my eye appointment in anticipation of being told I need glasses... at least for driving or reading right? While waiting to be seen I find out what my insurance covers... frames AND lenses, woo hoo! Okay... so I look through the frames and try my hardest to remember what my Pastor's wife's glasses look like because I think hers are SO cute and I want some just like them. :) Boy, there are so many frames to choose from! I find a pair that I like and it's within the insurance coverage range. Great! I'm all set... I'm kinda excited.
My turn is called and back I go. The doctor does all sorts of odd test on my eyes, all the way from numbing my cornea for an accurate pressure test, to dilating my eyes to look inside. I thought the vision screening part was easy... I could read the bottom line at all times, he just sometimes made it a little harder to read. WELL..... at the end of it all he tells me that my vision is just fine and to come back in three years or so. Pah! What? You mean... I'm this OLD and I still don't need glasses! Praise the Lord!! I truly expected to be told that it was time. Yes... although I was excited about the idea of getting some new glasses for the first time... I am so thankful for healthy eyes! Praise God for his many blessings to me, none of which I deserve.



5 comments:
ahhhhh....and you don't get to wear the cute glasses...I would gladly give up mine..
yeah, you have that wide eyed look there...Dan sure captured it..
Hehe, I am with you, I *love* the look of glasses and have thought about buying the fake cheap ones just b/c I like how they look! I think they look so cute and "smart"! I'm sure we will be needing them someday.....
Nice pupils!
I'm glad for you that you DON'T need glasses. I guess maybe when you get to be MY old age, then you can have cute glasses.
Glasses, the necessary accessory.
What a blessing to have this last hoo-rah with all of your doc appts!
Praise the Lord for good health!
You are so cute silly lady. It is such a funny feeling when your pupils are so dilated isn't it? Glad to hear you eyes are so healthy, though you wished otherwise for a moment. :) Hey, we have been wondering too--when exactly does Dan's job end and is anything on the horizon? You can email me too, if you don't want to write all about it here. :)
Too funny Jenny, and thanks for the reminder that I NEED to go in for an appt. too! *EXTREME SARCASM ON THE THANKS!* ;)
Post a Comment