Our annual Missions Conference at our church was amazing!! There were so many things that spoke to mine and Dan's heart... things we want to do differently, ways that we want to give of ourselves more. My husband was truly touched by Thursday's message. I had the privilege of serving in the nursery that night so I haven't heard it yet, but I am eagerly waiting until I can listen to it online. I can't wait. Maybe tomorrow.Also just wanted to share a few misc photos from the conference. I didn't take many, but I got a few. The first one is our special speaker Sam Davison, president of Heartland Baptist Bible College, and pastor of the church that is there... I believe it's called Southwest Baptist Church - I think.

This one is from Friday night... the Gentry's came over from their church with a few of their people... and Pastor Gentry went up to lead a few congregationals for old time's sake. It was fun.
The next one is Keturah at the Missions Conference dinner. This was a special little day for us because it was one of the first times I have curled her hair. I have longed for the day... I mean ..... longed for it - when I could have a daughter to do girly things with. I know she's only 2 ... but she likes to get prettied up and I love it too! I care not if mommies of 5 girls roll their eyes at me... I only have ONE (thus far, God may have another for me someday) daughter. ONE. So she's all I got and by George, we're gonna be girly together! Ha! Okay, this post is supposed to be about missions conference. Ooops.
We have outgrown our fellowship hall but have found a nice school nearby that will rent us their cafeteria for a good price. Praise the Lord!







7 comments:
How exciting to have such an awesome guest speaker! I love Missions Conference time, it is really a highlight of the year. We have a dinner each night at ours too...I LOVE that too! :) It makes it so much easier on families AND we get an extra chance to be with our church family.
BTW, I love Turah's hair, it's adorable!! You go girl, curl, curl, curl! It is fun to have girls to do up pretty, after all, the Lord has blessed you with the skills for a reason, right?? Personally, I take the time to curl Sophia's hair, it makes her feel so special. And despite any ill reviews that I've received, I really believe it is instilling in her the value of looking your best at church or at home. I also make it a point of obedience for Emily to leave her hair "things" IN her hair. Which many think is a form of cruelty for such a young one, but, its not up to them, so there!
I know your heart is to raise Keturah to be a beautiful woman who will serve the Lord with her WHOLE life. This is just one way to help you teach that truth to her! She's a beauty already, just like her Mommy!
Love ya.
Hhhmmmmmm- the eye-roller wouldn't be a certain pastor's wife and sister of mine, would it? Keturah's hair is adorable! And I feel your pain. Although I do have two daughters! Okay, and the first one had naturally curly hair! But my life 'stank' when she was little, so I've definitely taken advantage of my almost (sob) 4-year-old. Who has apparently inherited my sister's straight, curl-resistant hair. Still, we try! And I praise God for girlie-girls!! (And pray for another one! God can overcome male-dominated families, right? ;P)
hey now! I may have 5 daughters, but I love to do girlie things with each one!! I have always enjoyed curling my little girls' hair when they have enough! So, you go girl!!! ;-)
~Emily
Haha.... your comments cracked me up Michelle and Emily!! NO, I did not have ANY lady in mind when I said 5 daughters!!! In fact, when I read Michelle's comment, I quickly brought up my fingers and starting counting out Emily's daughters! Oh no, I thought, there are FIVE! Haha.. there truly was no connection, I just threw out a number... I was picturing mommies who have lots of girls who think it's ridiculous to "pretty up" a two year old. Haha. Yes, I love how Emily "pretty's up" her daughters!! She is a great example of still going the extra mile, especially on the Lord's day. Just ONE of the many reasons I look up to her so much! But hey - this is supposed to be about Missions Conference! LOL
And Karilee, I completely agree with you about teaching little daughters to keep their pretties in their hair. It really is about obedience. Little boys have to keep their ties on, and little girls have to keep their pretties in, right? :)
Lol! Indeed this was about the missions' conference! And it was a great one at that! Always exciting to get to know new missionaries, and now the thought of sending our own out! Also, seeing what the Lord will do for the amount promised!! Such a blessing to have a missions minded church! Love ya!
~Emily
Jenny,
Thanks for the pictures of the Missions Conference. God did a work in our hearts during that exciting conference.
I am so glad you have a girl of your own to teach the art of special curls to. My Kimberly is forever in your debt for the art of the curl. Sweet Terah, She is such a little joy, so are the girls that belong to "the lady with 5 girls". The special girls and the special joy that comes from serving the Lord with you all. Thanks for the post.
Jackie Harper
Missions conference is always a great time and reminder to us of what we have and how much we have to give.
I can't believe you all rent a gym now because you outgrew the fellowship hall! Well, I can believe it, I guess, since when we were there it was already packed to the max. Praise God for church growth! That is so awesome! Looks like a great time.
Post a Comment