Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Getting so excited about my new project...

Project 365! I talked about it in my December 31st post. I am so enjoying the process. The basic idea is this: take a photo a day and write a few lines of journaling about it. At the end of the year you will have a very awesome, unique and accurate glimpse into your family's life. I thought it would be hard... but it is a breeze (thus far). I have chosen to use a Sunday through Monday style, so I began on Sunday, Dec. 28th. If I don't take a photo for one day, no problem, just use one from that time period that reflects life. I can't wait until my kit comes in the mail, until then, I am taking my photos and recording my journaling! So much fun! I love how you don't need to "scrapbook" this kit... and there is no experience or adhesive needed. Perfect for beginners!

Here are two of my photos with my journaling for that day's entry:



1~2~09
Singing Happy Birthday at Dan's 30th Birthday Party! Oh my - the song was so off key, it was hilarious! Dan survived it. Party was at the Henson's home. We had a Wii tennis tournament.






1~4~09
Dan made the family a spaghetti dinner this Sunday afternoon! What a treat! Later that night we were dumped on with more snow. Church was cancelled in the PM due to W~~~ road being too slick.


And this is what a completed week looks like using the kit. I took it from Becky Higgin's (the designer's) site, so it's her pages. I love it! It comes with all you need. Can you tell I'm excited about this new little project?! :) I just love how the entire album is about the everyday snippits of life that I normally wouldn't document. LOVE that.

I wish WISH they didn't run out of kits so quickly on ordering day... the demand is so high right now, I feel certain that they will order more to be created. I HOPE so. Although I was able to get one ordered, there are so many ladies that didn't. What do you guys think?

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

It's so CUTE! And memorable! :] I like it. Yes, Miss Jaimee and I are fine. We were just out for coffee, leaving Starbucks in Port Orchard, and trying to get to the Lanskey's house, because Miss Jaimee had to pick up something from her parent's house. And so, while we were trying to turn on Mile Hill, a guy hit the car behind us, and then we got hit. So far, both Miss Jaimee and I have gone to the chiropractor twice, (Solomon and Adehlia were both in the car, and they got checked out - they're fine, praise the Lord!) and we're heading back on Saturday. Friday I take the car in to be appraised for its damage. What a week, right?! :] I am just so glad that we didn't hit anyone (there were pedestrians by our car), and that everyone in the van was alright beyond mild whiplash.

And then, AFTER the accident, there were two children playing by the side of the road, and they almost ran out in front of me! Honestly, I was SO scared - I slammed on the brakes, slowing down to 10 MPH. It was crazy, Miss Jenny. It's been quite a week. And that's not even all that's happened - it's nuts! How are you guys doing? I missed singing with you on Sunday. :]

Garth and Becky said...

I love the whole concept of Project 365 and are so excited that we get to work on it together. You're ahead of me...I need to get going on my journaling. Hopefully our kits will arrive soon!

Jenny said...

I think that is a great idea, and so quick and easy! For not much committment, you get a great result of memories you would have normally foregone. Fun!

new*me said...

hi :) Thanks for visiting my blog! I hope to be back to daily blogging now that the holidays are over. I tried to get to your health blog and it wouldn't let me....I know I was an invited reader before :) Let me know ! Have a super day!