Most of you know that I have a little paragraph on my sidebar called "Spoken In Our Home This Week". It just features something funny that one of the kids, or even the adults, has said. Well, I just heard a very sad "spoken" and it makes my heart feel heavy.
It is in relation to the recent news that Circuit City is closing as a company and liquidating all of its inventory. If this is the first time you are hearing this, I'm sorry.... and yes, it's true. Circuit City will be no more. The longest Dan will still have a job there is 2 months... but probably not that long. He will find out tomorrow the hours that the liquidators expect him to work and how many days a week. Thank you to the many who have already been praying for us, it means so much to me. We have a peace about the future, we know God has another job for us and it will be exciting to find out where that is.
Dan (to Josiah): "Siah, I have to go do some difficult things at work today... it's going to be hard."
Josiah: "Why, Dad? What makes it hard?"
Dan: "Well, imagine if a theif came to our house and stole our home... but then we all had to stay here to help him sell off all of our stuff."
**SIGH** Poor Dan. He said it's hard to deal with the extremely demanding customers, who are demanding huge discounts. But one part that's easy (insert giggle here), is that he is no longer trying to make "Circuit City Customers for life" -- so he doesn't have to be nearly as patient with the extremely rude ones. LOL!
Monday, January 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
My heart is heavy, too. You guys are a huge example to us of trust and dependence on the Lord. It will be exciting to see how the Lord works in this situation and what the end result will be. Keep trusting in Him!
Jen, remember its at the heavy times that we often forget that we are being "carried". Our wonderful Lord will provide in ways that we could never orchestrate. We'll be praying for you.
We love you guys.
Hmmm . . . having just faced this with the WAMU situation - I know that it can be a bit difficult to put that fear aside at times - but once you do and tap into that peace that God offers (as it seems you have) then the fear of the unknown is no longer. It is a peace that passes understanding. We were without employment for 2+ months - yet we knew that it would all be just fine. God PROMISES that He will supply our needs. He is not a liar! That's enough for me to trust and be at peace. We too - will be praying.
Amanda and I went through that same situation twice and we stressed a lot about it, both times God provided a better job for us, and now we look back and see why God brought us through that. We will be praying that God sends you all a better job. Everything works together for good. Love you guys. Tom
We have been praying since we heard. I know God will provide exactly what you all need. The Lord is so faithful. Love you guys, The Newcomb's.
Jenny,
I didn't know, BUT now that I do, I will be upholding you and your family in prayer KNOWING,knowing...that God indeed is the provider for all of us and HE always does the best...and Charissa is right...our GOD is faithful and wow....you have the creator of Heaven and Earth that is going to take care of you and your family, I don't know the details but HE does..
Deby
Oh yes, we have been praying for you, and just today we were talking about your family and the consequences of this closing. I know you keep confidence in the Lord, though, and that he has always provided for you, and will continue to do so. We love you and will continue to pray for you, dear friend.
Jenny when I heard the news, I was very upset for you and your family. I wanted to talk w/you on sunday but I was at home sick. When Todd couldn't find a job after he retired,(3months of looking) I thought our whole world and lifestyle would come crashing down. God is very good and he will not let you go w/out! Just do a bunch of cutbacks on things you really DON"T need! Its amazing at all the things we do on daily/weekly basis, that we take for granted. If we cut out a lot of that, and be very frugal, God will get us thru. I actually started clipping coupons, and not going to Starbucks as much, which was very hard for me! I will be praying for you and Dan. You are such a neat family and very loving towards each other. Don't let this bump in the road put a wedge between you and your soul mate!
Post a Comment