Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Years Resolutions...


I love making new years resolutions... even if life starting "anew" is just in our heads, it still feels like a fresh, new start. One resolution I'm going to do this year is called project 365. This is a photo of what comes in the kit. You can read all about it here... but you will need to scroll down a number of posts in December to where she first introduces the project. I'm excited about it!!
Now... most of you know that I loooove to scrapbook, and this is a whole new way to scrapbook a year of your life.
See, I usually scrapbook all of the major events in a year and all of the special occasions, so my albums are filled with the years highlights, but not usually the day to day STUFF. You know, the errands ran, the messy laundry piles, the things I cook, the schoolwork done, etc. Well, this project is ALL about recording the day to day life, and best of all, NO scrapbooking experience OR adhesive is needed! At first I was NOT on board with this idea of scrapbooking... but then I realized that what I miss reading the most about my life 10 years ago.. is what the DAY-TO-DAY life looked like. What did we do? What was our family schedule? My life is soooo busy and FULL right now, I really want to remember this time in our life. Oh, the fun I will have in 10 years looking back to when all the kiddos were little and seeing where we went, what we did... how our life was. So, that's one of my New Years Resolutions... to complete project 365... I'm really looking forward to it! You can read all about it on the link above, just scroll down many posts to where she first talks about it... I think Becky H is going to do it also... it's going to be FUN!
Here are some othe resolutions(NOT in order of importance):
1. Get Healthy and Strong
2. Keep a daily prayer journal
3. Go to bed earlier and Rise earlier
4. Read more to my younger children
5. Prepare more for when Dan comes home from work
6. Do better at keeping up with laundry
7. Make time to scrapbook/sew weekly
8. Write a LOT more cards and notes
9. Make 2009 my year for a JOYful attitude - whatever may come
10. Spend more quality time Bible reading, meaning, studying and meditating more.
Well, there's 10. That's a good start, I'm sure I'll think of 15 others. :):) Do you have any resolutions for 2009?

1 comment:

Garth and Becky said...

That is a great list of resolutions. I don't like sharing my resolutions...not sure why...I'm just more of a private person. Or maybe it's like a birthday wish...if you say it, it won't come true. Anyway, I am endeavoring to do better in several areas of life and with the Lord's help, I will achieve them. I think it's definitely a great idea to have goals (i.e., things we resolve to do)!