Monday, December 29, 2008

Face Painting at the Henson's


Our dear friends, the Hensons, had a carnival themed birthday party for their 2 youngest children. They asked me if I would face paint for the party. Me, loving makeup AND loving to paint thought that sounded like a BLAST! And, ....... it was. :) I am thankful for the opportunity to be a blessing at their party. Turns out face painting isn't hard at all!

There were many designs for the children to choose from, but they all seemed to like a certain few the best. The dolphin design (which I didn't get many photos of), the butterfly design and the tiger/cheetah/leopard. It was so much fun, I hope I get to do that again sometime!!




I brought images on my laptop to use and copy. The children chose an image and I just duplicated it. This little girl wanted to be a pirate. I'm painting on her pirate bandana here.

Now she has her eyepatch and bandana... next is the outline for the bandana.



And finally, one awesome scar that looks not quite healed up yet. :)




The beginning stages of a leopard. The final result for this young man is 2 photos below.





This is Gabriel ... he was a tiger. I painted him at home for practice. It is amazing how far that paint goes! It doesn't take much at all to do a whole face. He loved growling and scaring people.
















This is the first stages of the dolphin scene.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Great job Jenny! I have done face-painting before, but was not nearly as good at it. You have a talent for both make-up and art, so I am not at all surprised that you did so well. Looks like fun!

Karilee said...

YOU ROCK!!! Jenny you did such an amazing job! Your painting is such a gift. From mailboxes to faces...interesting progression. :)

Tell Gabe he looked awesome and if I saw him in the dark I would definitely be scared!