Sunday, December 14, 2008

WITH her permission...



...and even her encouragement, I thought I would share these HILARIOUS photos of my beautiful friend April.

For my far away readers: She is not just a friend, but also our church's evengelist's wife! Aren't these just so funny? In truth, she is very beautiful, inside and out. Please look HERE to see what she usually looks like. :) Like I said, she is very beautiful. She is a wonderful example of a hardworking, do-your-best christian wife and mom. She works hard to be very organized in all she does and has been an encouragement to many in that area. She is filled with talents. So very many it would surprise you. She is one tough cookie, so I'm working on softening her up with some compassion, gentleness and mercy lessons. LOL... just kidding April. She has a very giving heart, and I have seen her put others' needs before her own many times. They call me the "fun" mom at church... well, she is a total blast compared to me! I just wanted to share a little about her for my many readers who have moved away.

She looks funny here for a few reasons... ONE is the faces she is making. Haha.... that makes her so FUN! TWO, she let me practice my "old age" makeup on her while they were over playing board games with us. We are having a huge church Cantata this year...well, we have a cantata every year, but this year it is huge!... and I am in charge of hair and makeup. I have to make Charrissa look "old" in the play, like a Grandma age... so I have been studying and practicing the makeup portion. While April was over I asked her if I could practice on her and she said, "sure!" Yay! So I got in some good practice.

I joked about taking a photo of her and she thought it was a great idea!! She said I could post them on my blog! Wow... brave lady. Not me, no way no how. So, here they are... she is so funny. We had a great time. Her husband may have won Settlers that night, but he had to go home with an old lady. LOL


9 comments:

Jenny said...

Too funny! Great job, Jenny! I have to wonder...how in the world do you do that?! You are one of many talents yourself. :)

Karilee said...

Wow, that's FUNNY!!
Great job on the make up, she looks very authentic. lol.
Be warned though...people may think twice now if you offer to do their make up before a photo shoot! :) lol.

Garth and Becky said...

April is one brave woman for letting you post those pictures on your blog...I would DIE!

Goetsch Family, Jr. said...

Jenny, Jenny, Jenny. You are so silly to say all those kind (and mostly untrue) things about me. --Although the part about helping me with my mercy and compassion was definitely true--praise the Lord for good and honest friends!!! P.S. The pictures turned out SO good! You can practice on me anytime. Even if you don't need to practice anything, I just enjoy your fellowship--and your "sharpening". =)

Jenny said...

Just out of curiosity, which game did you play? You said "Settlers", which reminded me of Settlers of Catan (sp?), which is the made by the same company as the train game, and I LOVE it!

The Browning Family said...

Hmmm . .. I think this is a good look for April. She should seriously consider letting you be her makeup artist at all speaking engagements! It'll at least scare everyone perhaps to the point of conviction!

Jeanné said...

it doesnt even look like april!!!
you did a good job on the make up last saturdays practice!!

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Soooo funny....tell April I'm going to share these with the Chapmans...Now we have a good idea of how she will look as a Grandma. You are good Jenny!!!!

~~Deby said...

Tell April *Star*...these are going worldwide....hehehe....
time for some Botox...
Deby