Monday, November 10, 2008

Playing around with my new camera...



Oh my. There is so much to learn. I think I may need to go back to college to be able to read the manual! But I am having fun learning. I am DEtermined to learn it to it's fullest potential! These are some shots from the first couple days. Thus far I am pleased with it's depth of field capabilities (blurry background). I am VERY excited to practice more with my flash!




















7 comments:

Garth and Becky said...

Great job with those shots! I especially like the ones of the gate. Garth's excited to get his camera in any day now.

Amanda said...

Very well done! I am so excited for you. What a great way to earn so extra money!!!

I am truly blessed said...

Great photos. What kind of camera did you end up getting afterall? It will be great for you to be able use this new camera to such a blessing to so many by capturing such great memories and more. You do great work.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty, Mrs. Savage. :) My dad was wondering, regarding the practice-dinners-for-choir-and-cast that are in November, if help was needed, and if so, who to go to. (Sorry about the run-on!) Do you know who he'd need to talk to? We figured you'd be the first target, since you're the director's wife! *grin*

Karilee said...

Great DOF pics, and so fun to play with. Can't wait to see more!

Jon and Sarah said...

I got your comment. Jon, my husband made the cradle out of a barrel we got online. His dad had done the same thing for them when they were growing up. The stand is from his dad. I made the lining for it. We really enjoyed using it with Karin, our first. It was so much fun to pull it out again! :-) Thanks for visiting our blog. I love your photography! It's beautiful!

Jennison said...

Whoo hoooooo!!!! Glad you finally made the jump :) You are going to LOVE having a DSLR, they are incredible and you've already gotten some excellent shots. I think the D90 is a wonderful camera.... more than entry level so it'll be a steeper learning curve but you can take it sooooo much farther in your journey. Congrats :)