Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Boys At Play




Oh, the fun and creativity that Lincoln Logs provide. It is so sweet to watch my boys in their room hard at work constructing intricate skyscrapers and rustic cabins.


I remember playing like this as a child... I remember how real it felt.. to look into the windows of the buildings I had made and imagine all the things that could happen in there. I love to play with my children today and talk about ideas and possibilities.... what they could be, what they could do someday. I praise God for my little boys that love to build.







5 comments:

Karilee said...

It is such a blessing to see our children at play. I love to see their innocence and grand imaginations come alive as they build all of their creations.
We have a few Lincoln logs, but the main focus around our house is Legos. Legos, legos, everywhere.

Garth and Becky said...

Cute pictures! I found some Lincoln Logs at a yard sale when we lived in Buffalo and my children love to play with them. However, Legos seem to be the favorite toy of choice at our house as well!

Hazel Eye Beauty said...

I used to love those things, but my boys are too "old" for that they say.. maybe yours will let me come over and build a house?!

Jenny said...

I totally loved playing with Lincoln Logs, too!! Those are great pictures, they are so bright, it looks like they are outside! Is that b/c of your awesome new camera or what?! Hey, sorry I have the same blog skin as you, I just noticed that. I didn't even realize that when I chose mine. I'll change it. :)

Jenny said...

Donna, My boys would LOVE it if you came over and built a house with them!! Of course, with three little boys all telling you how you should do it...you may go running after 10 minutes. :):)

Jenny, of course you shouldn't change your skin! I don't care! Besides, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery! LOL! Although... you weren't imitating me, were you? LOL. :)