
We had a fancy Monday night turkey dinner recently!! I had thawed the turkey breast for a Sunday, but our plans changed, so I needed to cook it. I asked Dan if he wanted to invite a family over for the turkey dinner, but he was pretty tuckered out and was ready for some "down" time. So, it was just for us!
A very wise woman (Mrs. Jeanne Jordan from Lighthouse in San Diego) once told me that it is important to make the "nice" foods and the "fancy" foods for just your family sometimes.
I know that sometimes as women, we make these wonderful dishes and desserts for company... we make fancy multi layered desserts and special dainties, but how often do we just do it for our own family? I'm guessing not too often. So, we had a turkey dinner on a Monday night with all the fixings!
This is the tukey breast sections that they sell at Costco.
This is our new Bodin wall!!! Yay! Thanks Jenny!! The Bodin's took these photos of Rome while stationed in Italy. They look quite small here, but I think they fill the wall just perfect! We LOVE that you can see Jenny in one of them! We also LOVE that we have photos of Rome in our home that were taken by our friends. How cool is that?! Everybody thinks it's so cool! Thanks again Jenny!



8 comments:
Good job decorating Jenny!! It looks so warm and welcoming. Great choice on the red color and the black and white photos.
This is so true~I realized recently that I always make "fancy" foods for company or special dishes for dinner at church.
Like special desserts or my husband's favorite (cheesy potatoes), but for just everyday dinners I don't usually take the time.
Thanks for this post~I am going to try to do something special for my family tonight!
~Amy
Good post. I love to cook, and so I try to make special dinners often for my family. Growing up, I did not have that - so it is important to me to provide that now. My mom n law taught me that presentation is everything. So even if it is just cottage cheese I throw some tomatoe slices on it with parsley flakes - presto it looks so much better! I am so happy to be feeling better again so that I can enjoy cooking and preparing nice meals for my deserving family. Last night I made Alaskan baked Halibut with salad and rice with avacado slices. It felt good to be making something good and healthy for my kiddos and hubby.
Great reminder!
Great Post!! Your dining room is so very beautiful! I know my children enjoy the fancy dinners we sometimes have, too! These are great memory makers and makes everyone feel very special! It is also a good opportunity to teach etiquette to our little ones.
~Emily
What fun! We love serving fancy fare at our house too. That is one of the reasons that we started calling our house "The Big Blue House". We couldn't afford to go out to eat and so I tried to make it extra special to be able to eat at home. Sometimes the kids will even make little menus and take drink orders, its a lot of fun!
Sometimes I'll make a really nice dessert and the kids all ask me a thousand times if we're having company. sigh. That's when I feel like I have missed the mark. BUT the Lord uses that to sober me and help me get my focus where it should be.
Thanks for sharing your home and family. BTW, the turkey looks FANTASTIC!
Oh I love it all Jenny!! The Italy pictures look gorgeous, and I also love the frames with many pictures in them. They all look so classy and are so sweet to view. Thanks for sharing! Oh yes, and the dinner looked great, too! I know it is so fun to sometimes just treat your family. Carl always gets so excited when I make a nice, "gourmet" type meal for him, and it makes me so happy to do it!
Jenny, what a beautiful feast! And I wholeheartdly agree!! I love making fancy dinners for my family with the linen napkins and candles,,,but no matter how many times I do it, they always ask....."who's coming over?" ;)
Sometimes it is nice to make a special dinner for just the family. Looks wonderful. Hey...is your center serving tier (sp?) with the 4 plates from costco? We have one and we love it....we use it so often. I love how you can arrange the plates in so many different ways. They have them again this year and they are fairly cheap.
Post a Comment