Thursday, March 30, 2006

Yardwork today, and other Savage news...

We went outside and did yardwork today. The lawn needed mowing, and the rocks needed weeding. The boys are great at helping me weed the rocks, so they did a lot of that. Josiah is great at getting in the small spaces like behind the mini Japanese Maple and weeding that area. I managed to get the mower out of the garage and mow the lawn, but I can't get the mower back in the garage because I can't get it up the steps out back. I guess Dan can put it away when he gets home. I didn't edge the yard, so it doesn't really have a "finished" look yet, but I wasn't about to tangle with the gas powered weed eater. I'm choosing to take the "I'm pregnant" excuse this time and leave that job to Dan. We also washed our front doors, and picked up some "loveys" that Isa had brought outside and left. The boys later hand picked all the old fall leaves out of our white rock that's out back. They did a great job, they are good little helpers.

Of other news, I had my first OB appointment today and it went wonderfully! I just love my doctor and she was happy to see me again. She said that all of my levels in my blood were great....that everythings measuring perfect so far, and that overall I have great OB health. If that even makes sense. I had some concerns/questions about weakening pelvic floor muscles, but she said that I am strong and sound, especially considering I don't tend to have small babies. That put my mind at ease. It was a great appointment! I'll see her again in a month.

We also got a new printer yesterday. Our old one died on us, right when we needed to print our tax papers...but Dan had a few Circuit City gift cards saved up that he had won at district meetings for doing well in his department...so he was able to use those toward it. It's a pretty awesome looking printer, it even has a full color screen on it! You can plug in your CF cards or your MS and then print directly from them. Being a photoshop girl, I will never do that, nor do I like to print from home...but it's a neat idea. It's just good to have a printer back again, we didn't realize how much we use it! We needed to print a map for me to get to Kent, and we couldn't. We needed to make copies of our music for our pianist, and we couldn't. We make a lot of copies of music, the most. We couldn't print our taxes, even the "YOU MUST PRINT THIS SHEET" part, but Dan says he saved it all, so we'll print that later...I hope. It's stinks to rely on technology so much...but at the same time, it's necessary. Well, off to put Gabriel down for his nap and fold towels. Bye! :)

No comments: