For me, when my babies are under 2 (and as long as they fit well), I bathe my babies in the sink. It's so much faster than filling a tub with water, then leaning over it to wash a slippery baby that's all over the place in there. Sometimes I bathe all the boys together in the tub, but I think it's easier on me to spread the baths out more. When they're all in the tub, there's more splashing mama (accidentally, of course), there's more "scoot over", there's more hassle when it's time to get out. It seems like one's always "freezing to death", while you help dry the others. When I wash the baby in the sink, I can have the whole thing over with in minutes....no leaning over the tub, no wasting tub water, it just seems so much easier. Then, while I was
bathing Isaiah today, I started wondering if other mothers so this also. So fill me in! Pssst....you can see my reflection in the chrome faucet. Doesn't my arm look thin when viewed from beveled metal?? (huge grin) Just click on the image to make it larger.I'm pretty sore from the root canal today, I feel like I lost a boxing match. I'm not sure how much of it is from the root canal procedure itself, or how much is from that insane needle twisting they do. You all know what I'm talking about....if you've had a
filling before, that is. They go to numb you, and if they're a good dentist, it's not painful at all.....but they stick the needle in, and you can tell it's in....then, WHILE it's in, they start turning and twisting all different directions! Someday I'm going to ask why they do that, and not just poke more often for less internal twisting. I even heard the needle hit the bone yesterday. I said (with my mouth full of his hands) , "Wha was that?" He said, "You're doing wonderful, my dear." Oh well, at least I got a compliment out of it.I'm thinking of making a cheesecake today and inviting a family or 2 over tonight for fellowship. But I'm not sure if I can pull that all off this late in the game. Oh wait, I'm also remembering I have my first OB appt. very early tomorrow morning. Guess we shouldn't do it then....because by the time the men's group is done practicing, and Dan's done helping as the asst. treasurer..it can be quite late, and although we love to fellowship late, I can't do that as much when I'm expecting and need to get up early. Maybe next week! Bye!



3 comments:
Oh, I can't believe how much Isaiah looks like Gabriel in these photos!! He looks sooo much like the baby Gabriel I remember!! I haven't been bathing Titus in the sink lately because our kitchen has been the coldest room in our house. He's too big for a bathroom sink, that's where I had been doing it. Now that it's warming up, I'm thinking we'll go back to the kitchen sink again. You are SO right about it being easier! Quick and easy...plop 'em in, wash 'em up and wha-la! Clean baby! Also the sprayer on the sink comes in handy for especially disgusting diaper messes. Just spray them off, wash it down the disposal, then spray the sink with Clorox Clean Up. That is much easier than using a thousand wipes and risking baby getting his foot in it or on your hand!
I had to look twice...Isaiah looked so much like Gabriel! I miss that little guy!! I only used the sink a couple of times because I did not have much counter space...but you had the perfect counter at your old house! I always thought it was neat how you bathed your babies!
I also thought how much older Isaiah looks and how much he looked like Gabriel. At first I thought, "Gabriel's too big to be washed in the sink, isn't he?" Then I realized it wasn't Gabriel.
I often washed Anna in the bathroom sink, specially when she had bad diapers,(my kitchen was also very cold), But mostly just included her in my bath. I'm sure that will change some with future babies.
Post a Comment