ing, furnishing and decorating it to our taste. We still have a long way to go, but we are just doing it a piece at a time, or a room at a time. One of the first things that we did was PAINT. There were some pretty awful colors in here before we came...lots of teal and mauve. And there is still some of it left. We painted the boy's room a warm brown, and our office a lively seafoam green. At least, I think that's what the color was. We love the results.We soon painted out living room a nice tan, with a burgundy accent wall. We are very pleased with those results. Next will be the dining room and the laundry room. I want to paint thd laundry room yellow, and then one stroke paint it in various ways.
Some of my favorite things that we have bought for the home include our large clock, and our dining room table. O
ur dining room table has sla
ts in it that are so pretty. And it came with two large leaves, which is important to us because we like to entertain. Next we just need to paint those awful triangles out of the dining room that are around the sconces. We installed a new light fixture over the dining table this week also. It's just the perfect touch.
Our black and white photos are another thing that we're creating that we absolutely LOVE. We plan to put them up on the walls soon, but we haven't gotten around to it yet. For now, they sit on our mantle. I love the frames, they are shadow-box style and of a high quality. I need to print a few more of Josiah for it to be complete.One of the first rooms that we worked on was our bathroom.
It came boldly
painted in a salmon-orange color, with a faux finish. The previous owner did a good job and we know that it would be a lot of work to go over it, so we decided to leave it. It was hard deciding what other colors to put with it, so we went with a tuscan/italian theme in there. I guess that's what you'd call it. We bought some artwork along that theme, and a pot. We are pleased so far. We have had many ladies ask if they can come and soak in our tub! Priase God for His many blessings! We waited so long to find a home, we looked at so many homes.....but just never had peace about them. We are so glad that God saved this one for us. We love it here so much and are so blessed. I hope you enjoyed our pictures of our little home. :)



4 comments:
Jenny, I love what you're doing with your house! I loved viewing all the different pictures. I especially like your burgundy curtain in the living room.
I am so glad for you and the fun that you're having in your new home! Wish I could be there to see it in person!
Yep . . .that lamp has "good bones" he he he
Are these things you've done since I was there last? I don't remember every thing exactly. It looks nice - you have the brains and energy for it, not me. Maybe if we ever bought our own house, but right now we're limited with renting. It's easier to just go with what's here. (Are my comments too long?)
PS - who is Rachel Dawn? That's my sister's name. She's never found anyone with her name before!
Post a Comment