Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Yet another service I have to miss. :(

I HATE missing church. I also hate bronchitis. Both Gabriel and I are contagious, but I'm not sure about Isaiah. He has the cough, but hasn't been "officially" diagnosed. I'm so tired of coughing. I'm so bummed that I can't go to church. It feels so weird to be away missing it. At least I can download the message from the church's website and listen to it later.

Of other exciting news, I get to go see an endodontist in Burien on Monday. Yes, the fun never stops for me. Nothing like seeing a root canal specialist while having bronchitis and being pregnant. LOL I hope I don't cough all over him. I had grown a small lump high in my gums that was slightly sensitive to the touch. I made an appt. to see my regular dentist (Who I LOVE), to see what this lump was. Well, he thinks that the nerve in tooth #15 is dead and starting to abscess at the bottom of the roots, causing the bone to swell out a little (the bump). Despite how horrible and saddening this all sounds, it's quite common and normal. I have no decay in the tooth at all, but I had to have a large filling there many years ago, and after time, with a filling that close to the pulp, the root can die. Dan and I had to face the big decision of whether to save the tooth or not. Root canal treatment will save the tooth, or I can choose to have it extracted by an oral surgeon. Fortunately, we have dental insurance, and if we go to a PPO they will cover 80%. Hence my drive to Burien to get dental work, that's the closest PPO endodontist. Dan decided that saving the tooth is best, he said, "You're only 29, let's not start losing teeth yet." LOL! Plus, I would rather have a root canal any day than an extraction on a back molar that has to be broken and taken out in pieces. That may make me crazy, but root canals have come a long way and the one I had a few years ago was a breeze. So....that's the craziness of my week. I got the okay from my OB about the root canal, she even okayed all pain medication that could be prescibed afterward. :0 That surprised me a bit. She just said I can have NO Nitrous Oxide (laughing gas), I was slightly disappointed in that...I had planned to keep my options open on that one in case the root canal was making me suffer or be afraid. Oh well. I'm sure it will all go fine. :) Have a great week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't stand thinking about tooth decay and operations and medications, etc. It makes me queasy - I'm sorry you have to go through that. I also understand about missing church. It feels like your separated from everyone. Especially if you miss several times in a row. Hopefully you get better soon, and have a good pregnancy.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you have to have a root canal...I had one recently, and it was not fun, so I sympathize. You're gonna have a great time sitting in that chair being pregnant...j/k! I sure hope you feel better. :):)