It feels like it's been FOREVER since I have created anything in my favorite hobby, paper crafting! It felt good to make this card, it got the creative juices flowing (what a dumb saying!!), and I look forward to diving into my photos and Scrapbooking again.The reason for this card was because I received a beautiful one myself ~ right
out of the blue! Someone had been thinking about me and they made me a card. What a joy a little card can bring! I wanted to return that joy, so I've sent mine off, along with a handful of current misc. photos. I need to make cards more often. I'll get right on it once I figure out how to create a 36 hour day and survive without sleep.Nothing much has been going on with us this week. I DID go to my 8am oral surgery appointment on Wednesday.....we all got up at 4am to accomplish this! BUT....much to my disappointment, he talked me out of having the tooth pulled!! He said, "This tooth is saveable!! This is not the kind of tooth that is extracted! If you were my sister, I would send you out this door and tell you to go and get the root canal! I would not pull it!" So, I asked a ton of questions.....and Dan and I talked about it, and we decided to heed his advice. I left the office with a very heavy heart, not because I'm not getting a molar yanked out of my head, but because I went all this way and still have't solved my problem. Dan cheered me up though, and we made the root canal appointment for next Tuesday. A very sweet friend from church has offered to watch the boys for my appointment, since Dan can't switch around anymore schedules at work. Hopefully this time I'll get this medical issue taken care of. Please pray that all goes well.
Tomorrow is the Gentry's last church service with us!!! I still can't believe it! There are going to be lots of tears flowing tomorrow, but we know they're going off to follow the Lord's will for their lives. He's goint to go back to Oklahoma to work with his brother in law starting churches there. He's had a burden for that area for a long time, and the timing is now for the move. I think they move on Monday. It's going to be a huge change for our church, he wears many hats there and has many responsibilites. I believe his responsibilites are being divied up between different men.....Dan is taking over much of the music end of it. At least for now he is, if Pastor's new associate (whoever he be) is experienced in music, then he will probably take that responsibility back up. But for now, Dan will be a busy man! We love it though, and look forward to the growth that will come from it. I have to go referee now. Bye!



1 comment:
Your card is BEAUTIFUL! Now you've inspired me to do the same. Now that I have my scrapbooking/craft desk in order, I have no excuses (other than when to find the time! lol)
I'll be praying for you!
Post a Comment