Wednesday, March 08, 2006

OH Man....I am still SO sick!

I am so tired of being sick! Waaaaaaaahhhhhh! Whine, snivel and complain. Yep, I'm doing all three. Have you ever been so sick that you start to doubt ever recovering to normal? You start to forget what normal feels like and feel certain that this will be your lot for life? Well, I think I was there yesterday. I've been very ill since Sunday afternoon, but Monday and Tuesday were the worst. Yesterday I felt better in the morning, so I got up early and started in on the house work, washed the dishes, etc. but I must have over done it, because by afternoon sometime, I crashed. Then my cough got worse and I so hate that. I get this cough that tickles the back of my throat so bad.....I try to almost not breath just to not disturb it. Of course, you have to breathe, so I get sent into a spasam of coughs that end in that climax of really long hoarse coughs/gags that make everyone in the room snap their heads to you and say..."Are you OKAY?" By then you're not sure the answer. At least the coughing is getting better some. It's the worst at night when I try to lie down. I would prefer to just medicate myself into a stupor (okay, I'm really kidding), but since I'm with child and only 7 weeks, I'm supposed to steer clear of any and all medications if possible. I've only been using albuterol for the wheezing, cough drops and Tylenol for the headache I had. The first trimester, when the baby is developing it's important organs, isn't a time to be taking strange medicines. Some of them can really cause trouble.
At least I have the BEST husband in the world when it comes to this stuff. He totally takes care of me. He makes me little snacks and brings them to me without me even knowing he's doing it. He runs the bath for me, and completely takes care of the boys. Today was his day off this week, it's not is usual day off, but God knew I needed him, and before I had even woken up, he had the boys clean their bathroom, their bedroom, he had fed them, dressed them and had never disturbed me for any of it. I paise God for such a wonderful husband! I pray that I will have a better night tonight and be completely better by tomorrow. :) Thanks for listening to my pity party.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww, Jenny, I'm sorry you feel so icky! You'll be in my prayers for sure! What a blessing to have Dan home today. God is so good! Does it awe you to think that He sovereignly had Dan's day off planned before He created the world?! I know that's kinda abstract, but those sorts of things help me remember how big He is and how much He loves us!

Oh, and CONGRATULATIONS! I didn't know you were expecting! Yeah!

(btw, in case you're wondering how I came to invade your niche in blogdom, I followed the link from Karilee's blog...)