Tuesday, March 07, 2006

A visit to the Rainforest Cafe

WOW! This place was so cool! Have you ever been there? I never had before, but I'd always heard about it. It was so neat! Well, all except the half naked gold atlas man holding up the "save the rainforest" sign, but it made a good picture, so we're including it. :) We were invited to go along with the Browning family to celebrate their son's birthday and I'm so glad we went! Mr. Browning had warned us that the prices were not the greatest and the food was so-so....but that "the ambiance made up for it". I agree.

So, there were vines everywhere, a whole rainforest canopy built above the restaurant, complete with lighting that changed from time to time. Different areas of the restaurant were divided by different groups of animals, there were elephants, apes, a huge alligator, a snake and enormous tropical fish tanks. The fish in the tanks were huge, it was impressive! About every half hour or so, lightning would crash, and all the lights would change and flash, and all the animals would "come alive". That part really scared Isaiah. The elephants would start moving their heads and stomping, and the apes would all be moving and making noise, it was so neat!

Then, they had this HUGE dessert. The volcano. It was made of ice cream and brownies, shaped like a volcano, and it actually had a sparkler in it! When the waiter or waitress would bring one out from the kitchen, they would yell, "Volcano!" Really loud and looooong. It was neat, except that were were seated right by the kitchen, so we took the brunt of their yelling. The Brownings ordered a volcano for their son's birthday, so we all got to share a bit of it. Gabriel seemed to be the most awestruck with the place, but he's always had a special affection for animals. As soon as the weather gets better, we want to take him to the zoo, he asks to go every day Dan's off! Well, what a fun evening!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, so cute. I enjoyed the comments about the place and the boys loved seeing it on the "computer". Thanks again for coming with us .... we had sooo much fun...

Anonymous said...

Dad and Mom went there once. I think they said the same thing about the food, but that the animals and way things were set up were neat. Dad said the music was really bad and loud, though, at least when they went. I think it might be neat to visit sometime. We ought to plan a trip to the zoo together sometime this summer.

Anonymous said...

I've been to the Rainforest Cafe in South Center. It was awesome! I loved it. I am always into "theme" places. The fish tanks were so neat. If I find one near where I live, then I want to take my Gabriel there when he gets bigger..like your Gabriel, he has a fascination with animals. Thanks for sharing your pictures and anecdotes.