Friday, August 22, 2008

My Crazy Kiddos

First off, I had an AWESOME day of scrapbooking and will probably share those layouts tomorrow when I can take their photo in natural light. Okay, onto these videos...

What a gong show! LOL ! Josiah just wanted a little video of him playing with baby Ki and brother had to come in and be goofy. Well, at least it gave me a good laugh in the end. :)

Isn't Malachi getting big? During the other kids' well-child checkups today I snuck him on the baby scale and weighed him and he's only about 6 pounds less than his sister. Haha. That is, if I did it right. We praise God that all five children are stong and healthy and growing well!

Keturah was weighed and she weighs 20 pounds 7 oz. Such a peanut. She's 22 months old now. Her birthday will be coming fast. The doctor said that it's very good that she's saying little sentences and that she's super healthy, just a small person. We found the CUTEST Fisher Price Doll house at a garage sale for her, we're going to give it to her on her birthday. It was actually 3 doll houses and all that came with them. We had to take home all 3 houses, but we'll only keep one. We may store the others in the garage. It comes with EVERYthing I could ever imagine. The "accessories" were all in a tote, so imagine a storage tote full of the fisher price doll house furniture... everything from multiple family members, to minivans, ... swing sets, baby strollers, food for the fridge, baby cradles, pretend board games, pretend VCR... it's unimaginable the things they make for doll houses! I had no idea!

We let the kids play with all the loot for one day and they played for HOURS with that stuff!! Only once did I see the boys hanging the baby (doll house baby) from the upstairs railing upside down... and only one baby got put in the oven for a laugh. I scolded the boys and told them that's wrong, we don't be mean to sister's toys, nor do we set a bad example like that. They repented and all babies were rescued. Then we packed it all up until Turah's birthday. :)

Here's just me being silly with baby. :) Skillfully filmed by Josiah. Hee hee. Kinda shaky, don't get motion sickness.

6 comments:

Tom and April said...

"siah" did a good job filming. That is a great find on the doll houses I too had no idea that they made all that for a dollhouse ? Who knew? I know the turah will love playing with that. What fun!

The Browning Family said...

Okay . . . very cute, but I want to know more about what was spoken in your home this week???? What skirt? Inquiring minds want to know. . . not the pretty blue denim one you wore on Wednesday?

The Casaus House said...

I know! What skirt...was it too short, too old, not Dan's taste......you've got to take a picture of the skirt! After looking at the videos of Malachi I went to the hospital website and looked at his newborn pic again. Wow! He's gotten sooooo big! What a sweet baby he is! Oh, every family needs a Gabe :)

Jenny said...

Charrissa, Haha....NO, it was not the denim one. He loves that one. :) It was this brown tiered flowy one I have... it's so lightweight and comfortable for me, so I love it. It's darkbrown with a few sparkly-like threads woven into it, and it has 2 of those gathered tiers that some skirts have. I don't really care how it looks, it's so comfy, but he doesn't like the cut of it for me. Oh.. now he's chiming in from the living room, and I quote,
"I hate more than that about it! I hate the dark, muddy, brown cowpie poop color of it. He says it looks like a cow ate all of your chocolate croissants and then had the runs. (he's SUCH a stately, dignified man LOL)
"I hate the texture of the material, it looks like it can't make up it's mind if it's supposed to be wrinkly or if it just needs to be ironed.
It looks like nothing was designed on PURPOSE in that skirt. It's ugly."
**SIGH** OKAY. Whatever sweetie. :):):) The only reason *I* hate the skirt is because the liner sticks to my legs in the summer and then you don't know if the outer part is also stuck to your legs in the back making quite an embarrassment.

That's okay, I sweet talked him into letting me keep it out of the garbage another day.

SPOKEN: "This is Dan Savage and I approve this message." (
Just so all knows, I NEVER type about Dan without his approval first.)

Jenny said...

I love the skirt commentary. Too funny. The videos are great, and baby Malachi is getting big! But then he looks so little when he is in your hands, and I remember he just a mere ~3 month old. The doll house is SUPER exciting and I will be anxious to hear stories of Turah playing with it, as I am sure you will have a few.

Karilee said...

Thanks for filling in the gaps with the extended version of your Spoken in Our Home section. I thought, hmmm, that's odd, my friend having clothing that should be thrown away?? Surely there's more to the story! ...and there was:)
I love the videos, I really LOVE them! Hurray for you about the dollhouse and the loot to go with it! Yaay for deals!
Don't ever get rid of that dollhouse...someday your grandchildren will want to play with real toys!! or it will be vintage and worth lots on ebay! :)