Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Malachi is 2 Months! And some poor photos...


**Sigh**.... just as the cobbler's children have no shoes, this little man's photographing mommy takes no nice photos of him. LOL Poor little feller. Honestly, I WILL get him into some natural light for some portraits BEFORE he is a year old. But for now, it's snapshots with a flash. :( Poo. At least it can give our far away friends some idea of his appearance. :)

He had his 2 month old doctor's appointment today!! And GUESS what?! He's in the 75th - 90th percentile for all measurements! YES, you heard that right, one of OUR babies that isn't bringing up the rear of the 10th percentile! He is 12 pounds 15 oz and 24 inches long. Truthfully, most of our babies have been born on the big side, but then by now or by 4 months have made it to the 25th percentile, and then soon descend a little more from there. Which is SO no big deal, we aren't exactly Amazon sized parents, height wise.... I could for sure count as Amazon in other areas. LOL But anyway...he's our BIG little dude! Who knows if he'll stay that way. I was noticing how he was filling up the carseat lately, and that none of his 0 - 3 months clothes were fitting... and now I know why. I have just always been used to the boys wearing that size through the 3rd month. :) So, today we got out and washed the 3 -6 month tote. Ahhhh ... so fun to have new baby clothes. Well, they are SO not new.. but new to him. :)



I snapped these photos real quick of him tonight after his bath, while Josiah helped prop him up. He looks so different than Keturah!! In the first one, you can see how he has a pretty "soft" chin (not as angular)... and he has always had these really soft, kind and warm eyes. Hard to explain. They are kinda droopy-dopey-happy-kind looking, instead of the BRIGHT eyes that Keturah had. They are so cute!! It is such an adorable difference... he is soooo sweet... such a sweet and easy baby! He sleeps through the night, as long as he gets a feeding at around midnight or so... then he'll wake up at 8 or 9 the next day. He is so quick to give out smiles and he loves to "talk" with his siblings. Keturah loves him a TON and I often have to protect him from her affections. I included a photo of Keturah below when she was 2 months.

So, over all he's pefectly healthy and had his shots today. He has seborrhea on his scalp (cradle cap) which he(Dr.) said I should remove. I was just waiting until it got a little thicker so I could take it all off easily at once...but he thought it should come off now because it is connected with this other little rash he has on his forehead. Odd! So, it came off tonight. So, there's the recent stats on baby Kye!




Keturah when she was 2 months old.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww glad he is doing well. He is adorable.

The Browning Family said...

For shame to call any photo of this cute little man "poor"! He is just so "bite your teeth" cute!

Jenny said...

Awww, thanks for sharing! He is a cutie! SO funny that he is so high in the percentiles. I looked at his first picture and immediately thought "he looks big!". Lo and behold, he is! He does look so different from Turah, but still so a little Savage baby.

Mrs. Pizo said...

He is adorable! I understand the need to change out cloths quickly to a bigger size. It is amazing how fast they grow and how each baby is different.

I am truly blessed said...

oh...he is sweet!!! He definitely looked a lot bigger when I saw him on Sunday from last time I saw him. Way to go mamma on feeding that little man. give him and Turah kisses for me

Joy said...

OH JENNY!! He is soooooo cute! He brought tears to my eyes! What a doll of a baby! SO PRECIOUS!!!

Jenny said...

Awww...thank you so much guys for your sweet comments!.. they mean so much to me. :):):)