Friday, August 01, 2008

About the blog skins...

Not much time now, so much to do... but wanted to say about the awesome blog skins.... I really am sad that you have to use the minima template because I REALLY like the minima stretch that I use now. I tried on minima with some beautiful skins the other night... and .... grrr.. I just don't like it. It makes it so that there is only room between the lines for photos and sidebar, making all the text have to come after the photos... and I often like to have the text at the side of the photos. They DO offer 4 stretch skin choices... and I tried a few on, one didn't fit right, and the other one that I liked is the brown one that I think is on Charrissa's blog right now. We may get to share the same one! :) But the whole background is brown, so I would need to change text color and all that. But BOY were there so many cute ones!! I had some that I LOVED... but I'm just not sure it's worth the size change for me. Jenny B. thought the same thing about the size compromise. Soooo... I will look soon for some other skin possiblites that can accommodate the minima stretch template. I guess I just like to use up that space on the sides. :)

6 comments:

Brightcetera said...

Hi Jenny! Thanks so much for commenting on my blog!
I love food pics, as well, and really enjoy seeing what others are eating to lose weight. You may also like to visit Suzi at: wwww.mydailynosh.blogspot.com and a new one I found today: www.photodieter.wordpress.com.
Plenty of food pics!
I have to agree with you about minima stretch. I like the larger sized columns.
You have a sweet looking bunch of kiddos!

Jennison said...

While I understand your wanting to use all that space, I truly do, the stretch minima does very strange things to your blog depending on the size of your monitor. I have a very large widescreen and your words don'e line up by the photos very well and often looks very scrambled. Learning a little html and making your own would really be the ideal work around :) It's not that hard and you know me, always around if you want to dabble! :)

Karilee said...

Special Agent retard #2 reporting for duty... I have NO idea what you're talking about!! LOL!!

Jenny said...

Jen - Wha?? Huh? You're KIDDING me! I had NO idea that my blog often looks jumbled depending on the monitor! We have 2 different types of monitors at our home, and my blog always appears the same on them.

What does that mean, "learning a little html and making you own"? You use blogger too...right? Do you make your own? Make your own what?? LOL! Ohhh...maybe you mean make your own template??Hmmm...your blog does seem to look wider than the minima ones. Fill me in on what you mean!

Does my blog ever look scrambled to any other readers? I'm shocked! LOL I had NO idea. JEN! WHY didn't you tell me sooner!? :O LOL! Hrmph! I guess I better get used to minima. :P

The Browning Family said...

Hmmm . . . your blog seems smooshed to the right side. Just thought I should let you know since we are talking about it.
This just means that I can't see all of your header and some of your column stuff (slideshow) etc.

The Casaus House said...

That's so wierd. On my monitor your blog looks perfectly centered. I'm starting to wonder now if it's only minima stretch that does that or if all the templates look different on other people's monitors depending on the size. Wierd.