Thursday, May 29, 2008

One of our Favorite Places To Visit

This is one of our favorite places to go! I didn't publish the name because I try to leave out details having to do with location and landmarks...just my personal preference. Some people leave people's names off of their posts... I use names but leave out landmarks as much as I can remember to. It can be difficult to remember. So, if any of you don't recognize the place, just ask me in person or email. :) We LOVE to go here!



This was a hot Saturday...even though it turned slightly overcast as soon as we got there. That probably prevented us from getting horribly burned, since we haven't purchased any sunblock for 2008 yet.








"Why oh WHY can't I catch those DUCKS?"



Usually when we go, it's not too crowded either! It's a manmade lake and it's not too huge... so it can get almost warm in the heat of summer. I have swum it many times and it's really not that cold. Not that kids care!! It has a sandy beach too... so it's fun to bring sand castle paraphenilia. I even have photos of Josiah building sand castles here when he was two. There is a nice convenience store right up the road too, in case you need to run for a snack or a drink. I really love to go here with another mom and all the kids... we can relax in camping chairs in the sand while the kids play. Joy and I used to love doing that. Of course... now I will have a newborn and a ONE year old (and those who know me know how I feel about taking ONE year olds places) hee hee... but thankfully, Turah was scared to DEATH of the water, so there was no fear of drowning with her.



Isaiah really didn't like the water either this day! We brought along our toddler floaties...all manner of life-saving floatation devices... but he would have none of it today. He was very happy to just play at the bank and toss little pebbles and sticks into the water. So that made our job (me and Dan's) a TON easier than we were expecting. We were prepared to be continually stopping Keturah and Isaiah from running into the deep and venturing too far away from our area. Hence all of the photographs that Dan took! I think he took all of them, I took a few, but then wanted to get wet so he took the photos. I never bring my nice camera anywhere near water or sand, so these were all taken with the pocket cheapie. It's turning out to be a great little investment for my blog posting, and I'm sure they'll print up nice too.







































Pretty much what Ike did for the majority of the time.





















Before he decided that water was kinda scary and not touching the bottom was NOT for him.










This boy loved it though and I had to continue telling him to come in closer. I REALLY need to teach the boys how to swim, they ask me about it all the time.


































This eagle was just flying over our heads playing with/hunting/chasing two smaller birds. Dan thought it was so cool to see a wild bald eagle that close. I've lived in this state my whole life though, so to me it's like... Eh... they're everywhere. It was funny, in South Carolina on a nature tour the guide started freaking out about a bald eagle sighting and began chasing it so we could all "see" one...(I have no idea how many they have or do not have there)... but I was mad that he was leaving the gators to chase an eagle! Hee hee... he did let us get great views of the gators too, thankfully.

















6 comments:

Julie said...

Wow, I love the eagle shots! I have lived here most of my life and I am still in awe when I see one.

If that's the place I think it is....we have been meaning to check it out but haven't done it yet! Seems like a great place for a summer picnic!

Jenny said...

I think I went out to this spot with you before, when Turah was younger. This is a great location, and we had fun the day I went with you. I'm glad to see you've had a warm enough day to partake in such an adventure. That eagle is amazing!

The Casaus House said...

Okay please just give me a hint because that place looks like soooo much fun! I know I'll probably forget to ask so when you see me just tell me. I'm in awe of your pictures of the eagle. I've never been close enough to snap a photo. Wow!

The Browning Family said...

Eagles are becoming more prevelant (sp??) are here. When we drive into town we see them everywhere along the water. Our favorite is when they are perched on the beach when the tide is out. Hmmm . . . don't know of the place you have pictured. Shoot me an email.

Karilee said...

Hey! I've been there! I wish we had a nice place like that around here. Great shot of the eagle, we don't see any around here, unless we're at the zoo. :)

Julie said...

Jenny, our road is open...just make sure you drive slow (if you come!! I'm hoping you have a baby by then!!) since they put chunky gravel on the road.