Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Hello DUE DATE. Goodbye DUE DATE.

I had joked with all of my friends that I wasn't going to shower or get dressed on my due date, that I was just going to sit around and loaf.... knowing that nothing was going to happen anyway. Well, my due date was on a Sunday this time (I thought it was on a Saturday because WHO KNEW that May had 31 days and not 30!)... so being on a Sunday, sitting around in my robe was not an option. :)

I had a good due date, albeit an undeventful one. And that was 2 days ago. I'm having a lot of contractions, big ones even, but they don't form a pattern yet. That's probably why I "go" so fast, my body just goes through the latent phase and phase one of labor for a whole week. I still think I will go on Thursday...not sure why, just my hunch.

So, this little visual to the left is just to show you how my bladder feels right now. Imagine it trying to hold a cup or so of water. :(:(:(


If I don't go on my own this week, I will be induced on Tuesday the 10th...which is fine with me. If I DO go that long and need to be induced, it sure throws a wrench into the whole father-son campout plans.... what do we do?? Dan can't take Turah to the campout... nor can I be chasing her all over the house getting her "out" of all the things that she gets into right when i come home from the hospital. Having a baby is more important and more rare than a yearly camp out... but the boys SO look forward to it and it even occurs over Josiah's birthday this year! I thought of borrowing one of the older daughters of my Pastor for help... to stay with me while the men are away and help me chase Turah and care for her.... but I dunno. I dunno... so many I dunnos. Hopefully I will go soon and it all won't be an issue... but if it is, it's hard to know what's best. Oh well... it will all work out. Good bye now, I gotta get back to overcooking this baby.

8 comments:

Tom and April said...

Hope you go soon. Wish I was there I would gladly watch Turah. I am glad to hear you are hanging in there but will be praying that baby comes out to meet the world soon.

I am truly blessed said...

Oh my friend you are so funny!! We are all waiting for you to have that baby. I have a bunch of goodies for your new little man....do you use the regular huggies, supreme ones, or dont care? Because they were out of regular size 1, so I got the supreme. If youy havent had him by tomorrow evening I will bring them to church....but I would prefer to bring them to the hospital!!! All kidding aside, call me if you need ANYTHING. I can come help you anytime if you need it. Love ya!!

Jennison said...

Oh I well I remember this feeling!~ I had the whole "eviction notice" going on. Too fast now though, enjoy the last few hours/days with this little one before your life gets going too fast again :) My thoughts and prayers are with you and your precious family...

Mrs. Pizo said...

You are a hoot! I hope the baby comes soon and you have a quick labor. I will be praying for you. I am sure you are ready to be done and hold him.

The Casaus House said...

Jenny, sometimes people tend to look "overdone" toward the end but you just look absolutely beautiful! I will take Turah for you if you end up going next week. We have a bunch of cool new toys! :)

Stephanie said...

I heard you're in the hospital - God bless!

I am truly blessed said...

CONGRATULATIONS MY FRIEND!!!!!!!!!

Jenny said...

I so wish I could be there right now!! You're in the hospital?! Oh my, soooo exciting!