Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A Sad Goodbye to Great Friends

On Friday night we went out with the Bodins for the last time. :( The military is cruel indeed to bring so many amazing people into our communities and then snatch them away after the bonds become strong.

We wanted to go out to a new place called "Famous Daves"...but for our size group the wait would have been 2 hours! We were hungrier than that so we went to Applebees instead. I would have cooked myself, but I was still too weak from having the flu for a week. I am all better now by the way! Praise God. Plus, Dan also wanted to go out because we received our economic stimulus payment and it was hundreds more than we were anticipating. A big THANK YOU to president Bush and our depressed economy! (?? Whatever, doesn't seem depressed to me ??)



After dinner we came back to our house and made milkshakes and played some games. Jenny and Carl are duking it out here and above in boxing. The only place where it's legal to hit your wife (or husband) in the face. It was great fun. Later we played a little Mario Kart and tested our driving skills. Turns out none of us should have a license except Josiah. LOL

They will be sorely missed by many.




5 comments:

Tom and April said...

oh man it has been such a short time we have been here, and I will miss them a whole lot. they are truly a special couple. they will be missed alot. I am glad you are over the flu and I did find something for my sisters wedding THANKS. Hope you are doing great today. I want to see that baby but you will probably have him while I am gone to Texas. :(

Anonymous said...

Hey now, I didn't authorize that behind the scenes pic! ;) Just kidding. We'll miss you guys tons and tons.

Love, Jenny

I am truly blessed said...

What sweet pictures. Looks like you guys were having fun. We like playing those two games also. Fun as a family. Glad you are feeling better...now just hurry up and have that baby!!

I am truly blessed said...

Ande one more thing......Famous Daves is wonderful!!!!!! If you havent already eaten there, you should soon. It is our favorite. We used to go to the one on th other side of the water and were excited when they came here. Upscale bbq joint. Dont leave there without having one of their cornbread muffins...most meals come with one. They are super fattening.....but oh so yummy!!!

Jenny said...

Oh wow, I'm so excited to try it now! Just not on a Friday night with eight people! LOL We may have found a favorite new place to eat.