The hardest part was actually just waiting for Walmart to get the pine bunkbeds in stock! Dan was stalking them for weeks... calling all of the Walmarts within reasonable driving distance and having them check. Then late one night a few weeks ago we were in Walmart buying a new lawn mower and some other gardening stuff and while walking by the furniture section.... THERE THEY WERE! It was already quite late at night and we were at a somewhat far-from-our-house Walmart, so instead of getting them that night...which he almost did...he got them the next morning. Thankfully they were still there. He put them together that same day.
So...all in all we have a triple bunk bed, PLUS an extra complete twin for Keturah (or whoever) later... all for less than $400! Praise God!
Oh, and the top bed is not made because we are waiting for the third set of that bedding to come in stock. :)



7 comments:
very handy indeed. I am quite impressed! Are you storing the extra twin in the garage? Good job guys
Those are really cool!!! I would love to come see them sometime. great idea guys!!
Wow, that's a great idea. I applaud your husband!
I found your blog through a mutual friend's blog, can't remember which. Anyhow, I'm glad I did, I'll be back!
Clever idea...
love those wal-mart deals.
Deby
Way to go!!! They fit great in the room!
Waaay Cool!! Those are so awesome! Its so great to have a husband that is handy!!
The boys will love them!
Hey, if you put them closer together (like close enough where they can touch the bed above then with their hand on their chest) and shorten them a bit the boys can pretend they are sleeping on a submarine. haha! Good job Dan!
Post a Comment