Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Josiah Got Baptized!

Josiah had been desiring to get baptized for about 2 years. No, we weren't dragging our feet about it, not necessarily anyway... but it is something that we wanted to be sure about before doing. Hee hee... Josiah looks so small here!... But that is also because out Pastor is a very tall man... you can see how he dwarfs the pulpit.

He got saved when he was five, it was after attending my first ladies meeting at this church. On the way TO the ladies meeting Josiah was sitting in the back of our little car with his 3 brothers...being rather quiet, and then he begins to cry and says, "Mama, I don't want to go to hell. I want to get saved!" Oh man... where was Dan when I needed him?? I asked him if we could talk about it tonight after the ladies meeting when Daddy was home. We still chatted about it a little bit in the car, but I didn't want to handle that decision on my own...I really wanted Dan to talk to him about it. The last thing we want as parents is an artificial, insincere or misunderstood salvation for our children.



So, Dan, Josiah and I talked a long time that night after the ladies meeting... and Josiah got saved! Soon after, he began to pray at the alter at church about baptism. He really wanted to get baptized ... but again, we believe in waiting a little while to be sure about things. Josiah occasionally talked to our Pastor about it but it had really been on his heart these last 6 months.


So, Dan and Josiah met with Pastor and they talked about it. Pastor questioned him about why he wanted to get baptized and they had a nice talk. Josiah was able to get baptized the following Sunday. He was so excited, and so were we!!

We praise God for a son that wants to follow the Lord and obey Him. We pray that he keeps an obedient spirit all throughout his life.







Praise the Lord!!


















I also wanted to include this photo... this is the Sunday night after our ladies retreat... we always have a theme song for our retreat and then we sing it as a group when we get back. This year it was "Rejoice in the Lord." I am up there but I'm in the back on the far left, barely visible. More ladies than this went to retreat... but some of them were serving in nurseries that night.
I also wanted to say thank you so much ladies for all of your kind comments on my last post... I was astounded that you all said that I look good!! LOL You don't get that a lot at the very end of a pregnancy! LOL Just not something you hear. Hee hee. But it sure made me feel good and BRIGHTENED my week!!! THANK you ladies for your very sweet words. And thank you Charrissa for the sweet shirt! LOL


6 comments:

Jenny said...

This was a great day! We were so glad to be able to be there for this. What a blessing Josiah and all your children have been to us!

The Browning Family said...

Praise the Lord with regards to Josiah being baptized. To know your children desire to walk in truth is such a blessing.
NOW . . . regarding the picture of ladies singing . . . let me just say - Nutrisystem - Here I come! That's IT! Can't stand it anymore! Just say NO to the cheesecake, Charrissa!!!!! Good grief! Give me some Hoodia or something! (okay done ranting)

Jenny said...

HA HA HA HA....Oh Charrissa, you are SO cracking me up!! I'm dying in here laughing...although I completely disagree with you! You are so silly! You look beautiful in that photo! Hee hee... silly girl. Your hilarious comment was so very well written, I'm going to enjoy that for a long time... I especially love the capital IT and the Good grief! LOLOLOL. Okay, I better settle down or I'm going to go into labor and I still have to pack our hospital bags. Hee hee.

~~Deby said...

oh this is so great...what a special event in your son's life...
Loved seeing the picture of the ladies too.
Deby

The Casaus House said...

I remember when Josiah got saved. I can't believe he was 5 years old! Greyson will be 5 this year. Praise the Lord for Josiah getting saved and his own desire to follow in baptism. It's wonderful to know we're in a church where the children aren't pressured into making these decisions. It's always good to let the Holy Spirit do His work and sometimes that means waiting. What a blessing! We are rejoicing with you!

Stephanie said...

That was very precious - he'll be in my prayers as he grows into the Godly man God desires him to be. :)