Thursday, May 22, 2008

I've been scrapbooking some this week...

I have felt so great this week and have been getting so much extra done that I have actually had some time for scrapbooking! It has got to be the "nesting instinct" or whatever....or maybe God tricking me into thinking that this is a breeze...look at all I can get done while expecting, I can do this again NO PROBLEM! LOL As most of you know, this has NOT been an easy pregnancy for me and it's catching me by surprise that I feel so good at the end and have so much energy. I'm getting projects done that I usually wouldn't even attempt without Dan's help. It's amazing. I just feel great! It's a tremendous blessing too...having things in order right before having a baby...getting the bags packed, the kids' bags packed, the baby clothes washed and folded (still need to do this one), and the cradle assembled. It feels good to be prepared.


I have a doctor's appointment today, the week 39 appointment. I will ask her to strip my membranes but I doubt it will make things go any faster, it didn't with Keturah. I pre-registered at the hospital yesterday, so that's all taken care of. My blood pressure was a little high at the hospital yesterday, so I need to tell my doctor about that and make sure all is well. My blood pressure got a little high at the very end of my last pregnancy too, but nothing became of it.





So, the layouts that I made are from 2007... I'm about 3 /4 done scrapbooking that year, I'm a chonological scrapbooker meaning that I don't like to jump around and scrapbook different events from different times, I like to focus on a period of time and complete that...whether it's the year 2007 or Baby's first year. So I start at the beginning of that time period, gather the photos and scrapbook them in order. I think it also helps to do it that way because you can better plan out the album with 2 page and 1 page layouts fitting together right, and also it helps with album continuity... to maybe not put 4 brown layouts in a row. LOL If that makes sense. I hope to get some more SBing done this week, as long as I keep up on all my chores and the home. I only have a handful of layouts left for Keturah's album too, and it would be great to get that all done before the new baby. We'll see. I absolutely love the story of the second layout... I'm glad that we took photos of the coasters that Dan drew on and were able to record this little moment in time...after all, that's what scrapbooking is all about!

3 comments:

The Browning Family said...

Oh, I love your layouts. They look great. I am glad that you are feeling well. It is a nice gift from the Lord during your last couple of weeks. Just enjoy.

I am truly blessed said...

Nice pages Jenny..they look great. I should get into scrapbooking more..I could put that on my list of to-do's. Praying your appt went well

Karilee said...

Enjoy this and have a great time getting things done. I always feel better after the baby when I look back on those things that I got done in the last days before baby arrived. I think its a gift from the Lord to help us not feel bad about letting some things go after the baby comes. :) Praying for you!