My eldest son Josiah turned 10 this year! It's hard to believe it's been 10 years... the time seems to go so fast. We celebrated with a birthday party and let him invite all of his friends. Almost everyone was able to come, so it was a little crowded , but made for one awesome party that Josiah will remember his whole life. Thank you to all of our dear friends who could come!! I wanted to share photos from the party for my beloved and often mentioned "far away" friends.The photos are mostly in order... but you know how that can be difficult with blogger. :D

Ladies visiting in the living room.
We started by serving lunch... hot dogs, beans, chips and dip... stuff like that. The mountain man that you see is my dad... I was so happy he was able to come!
This is my favorite photo from the day. Just look at all the emotion on their faces!!! I love it! Yes, there was a reason that they were holding hands... when it got down to 3 boys Dan made them hold hands because it wasn't going anywhere... at first they just went in circles! It was sooo funny.
These photos are from the "balloon game".... it's a staple at every Savage party, we always play it! You tie a balloon to each childs leg and then they try to stomp out each others balloons without getting their own popped. Joeseph P ended up winning!

Some of the stomping mayhem.

More stomping.

The "cups game". This was a new game for us... we just made it up after Dan and Josiah were playing with the cups one day... and we may end up keeping it for the future. Basically each child was timed to see who could build a cup pyramid the fastest using 15 cups, stacked 5 on the bottom, then 4 and so on. It was a blast!! I have some awesome videos of the men playing the cup game that I will post in 2 days. After the children the men had a face off.... it was so much fun! Wasn't it amazing how much better the men were than the boys?! I thought that was surprising.

Cups game.

Connor did so awesome! He was the fastest time for a long time.
Mr. Hilson taking his turn... it was all so hilarious!
Cake and Ice Cream time... lighting the cake.
Blowing out candles. The cake was simple this year! I loved it!! Josiah wanted to decorate it with his lego stuff.... so I just made a double 13 x 9 layer cake and iced it. He did the rest! Sooo easy... yet it still tastes homemade.

Singing "Happy Birthday".
Thanks again for all who came and helped us celebrate the life of my special young man. We believe that every year is worth celebrating... you never know when it will be your last. Josiah's birthdays are very precious to us, since he has come through 2 bizarre and frightening diseases in his short life. ( Infant ITP and later Kawasaki disease) God has given us such a gift with Josiah... we are so thankful for his many blessings!!!










3 comments:
WOW! What fun! :) I love the pictures. I bet you guys had a blast!!
Awesome pictures, thanks for sharing! It looks like it was a blast! I do love the one that you said is your favorite, it really looks like it captured the moment.
Cool Cake Josiah!!
That Lego set is awesome, I don't have that one yet. Ethan and I bought a Lego agents set, mission 3, and its cool too.
Happy birthday! Looks like you had a fun party.
Post a Comment