Monday, September 15, 2008

Two Dresses for Fall...




I told Joy that I made Keturah 2 "Fall" dresses and she requested to see them...so I thought it would make a good blog post. They were really quite easy!! The sewing pattern is called a "Pinafore Dress", and I just love it. I was only going to make one dress, the bottom one, to wear in Oct and to Thanksgiving... but then I found the fabric of the top dress and I just loved it. I love the colors and the fun print. I would have to say that the top dress is my favorite. The dress looks SO cute on, with the gathers so high because the bodice is so small... I just love that look. I wish it had sleeves, but that's okay... I paired it with a cute little bouse with puff sleeves.

Sewing is so fun! Thanks Amanda H, for opening up this little window of FUN for me!! What do you think of these dresses? You sure inspired me!! I love that in a person...





9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooooo!!! LOVE them! GREAT job Jenny!! Those are just sooo cute!

Jenny said...

LOVE them, Jenny!! You are on a sewing rampage! I really, really love the top one and the material. Where did you find the pattern? How about the material? I love seeing these creations, and am constantly working toward bettering my sewing skills as well. Great job!! I can only imagine how cute Keturah looks in them!

Amy ~ (Life's Small Treasures) said...

Very Pretty!!! Great job!

Anonymous said...

Hi! It's Emily's sister Michelle- I had to say how much I LOVE the dresses you've been making!! Especially the top pinafore. Where did you get the fabric?? I love seeing women sewing pretty things, especially for their little girls! I'm so glad you're enjoying it, keep up the great work!

handstrustinhim said...

Jenny...cute...like the top fabric dress a lot. These dresses would be very cute with at cream colored peasant top (longleeve) under them!
Good for you for finding this new hobby!
I just finished Ellie and Clo-bugs birthday presents and they turned out so cute!

Have a great day.

Jenny said...

Thanks so much guys for the sweet comments, and Hello Michelle!! So glad to see your comment! I got the fabric at JoAnns. It was on sale 30%, I believe... and I only bought a yard of it. So it was not an expensive dress to make! And it was quite simple! The pattern I got off of the website: www.youcanmakethis.com
They have some awesome things to make there! I am next going to attempt a handbag.

Anonymous said...

I love that site! I need to try the ladybug purse for my daughters. Even three-year-old Emma thinks she needs to take a purse everywhere! She and Rachel are grandma's "ladybug princesses", long story. Thanks for the info! I also 'need' to see if our JoAnn's has that fabric!

~~Deby said...

Oh I think these are so cute..love your choice of fabrics...GOOD job...
~Deby

Karilee said...

What an adorable dress/jumper! Thanks for sharing the website, I will have to check it out.
I love your color choices also, especially the first one. They look so cozy and cute.