Saturday, September 20, 2008

Did you know this animal existed?

POP Quiz! What is this animal called? I had NEVER seen or heard of it before, and apparently it was only discovered in the late 1990's. Isn't God amazing? Check out those creepy fingers!!!



















7 comments:

The Casaus House said...

Some sort of monkey? I'm not too sure I'd want to run into him. He could be mistaken for ET. You know kids used to call me that in elementary school. Do I look like this guy to you?!?

The Browning Family said...

Hmmmm . . . . maybe it's "The Savage Big Eyed Creepy Fingered Monkey but Not Really Monkey" - dunno.
He looks like my kids look when I have baked fresh goodies.
Or maybe he mimics the surprise I had when I found out I was expecting . . .

Jenny said...

Cindee - Oh how sad! They called you ET? I got called names too, because of my big eyes. Why did they call you ET? The eyes? Long neck? They called me frog eyes, isn't that horrible? It broke my heart, I hated my eyes and still have issues to this day! LOL!! But it's my husband's favorite part of me, so that's ALL that matters!
Charrissa, what a crack up. Did you smoke your breakfast again? Oh wait, you're expecting... perhaps not. Very hilarious comment, had me LOLing and the kids exclaiming, "WHAT!?"

The Browning Family said...

Hey Jen -
Go check out the blog link on my blog called "Treasures" for the board books that my friend Alice does....

Jenny said...

I don't know what it is, but I think I have seen it before, and it creeps me out with it's crazy eyes. Thanks for all your photo advice! Yes, of course Carl was serious about bringing you here, though spring break might be kind of hard to pull off. I was thinking like next summer? End of school year? :)

Karilee said...

Hey! We've seen that before, isn't it a Tarsier? Check out this video of one eating a cricket http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuH48JW8XrU.
It lacks manners, but its interesting, the kids, of course, thought it was sooo cool!

Jenny said...

Yes, Karilee.. I saw that video also! I kept thinking... WHAT kind of cricket is THAT?! LOL So, YES. It is a Tarsier, good job!!! So interesting!!