We had Malachi's baby dedication this past Sunday, and thanks to Charrissa who had her camera in her car, I have some photos to show for it. THANK YOU Brownings, for being willing to snap some photos for us!!
For those who may not know, a baby dedication for our Faith (Baptist) is not the same as a "christening" or baptizing... neither of which we believe in doing for infants, for you can't find that done in the Bible...(check it out, yes, I'm sure), but rather it is more of a parent's dedication service. Like Hannah gave her son Samuel back to God, we go forward and give the glory to God for giving us a child, and pledge together with our church body to raise the child in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. So, it's like "dedicating" US, the parents, to raise the child for God, with the help of our church. If we are messing up as parents, then we expect our fellow church members to come along side us, put their arm around us, and admonish us to do right. The service has nothing to do with the child's salvation, righteousness or soul. It's just us, his parents, "giving" him back to the Lord and striving to raise him for God. It's just a 5-10 minute thing that is done before the preaching segment of the service. Hope that all makes sense. :)
Now, onto more trivial matters... I have NO idea why all my kiddos look like they were crying before we went up there! None of them were! LOL And Isaiah looks so sad! And their eyes look so red!? Haha.. no idea. Gabriel wore a perma-grin the whole time, I am told. We just told the kids that we're going to stand up there for a few minutes and it's not a time to be silly.
Usually babies are dedicated a little younger than Malachi, but there were many times we kept forgetting to talk to Pastor about it, and then some schedule conflicts as well. We are thankful that we were able to do this. We praise God for the blessing of another child, a SON... we are so very blessed.... RICH in blessings. Dan and I have both been reflecting and praising God on our children lately and how richly blessed we are. We deserve nothing, yet we are given so very much.



6 comments:
And I was there! ;) Thanks, Miss Jenny. Apparently, He announced it right after the Dixon's announcement...oh well. What's done is done! heehee
Oh, what a great day to dedicate your child and raising of him to the Lord. I noticed Gabe's funny little grin, but didn't think your other children looked like they had been crying,funny lady. You look beautiful, thanks for sharing. By the way, I LOVE Turah's outtake picture. SO funny and so cute all at the same time!
What a special thing. The Lord is so good and abundant in his blessings. I think the pictures capture the moment wonderfully. Congrats again on that beautiful baby boy!
Amen! We have dedicated all of our children when they were infants, and I am so thankful for a church family that is always there to help us raise our children for the Lord!
Thanks for sharing your testimony.
~Amy
Praise the Lord! What a blessing to have the priveledge of raising your children in the midst of a church body that cares! YOU looked great! Of course, Dan and the other children look good too.
:)
Jenny-
If you get this before church can you bring you hiking backpack for me?? I lost my directory and since my new phone just can't seem to find your number.
Post a Comment