Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Roles, Goals and Organization

I had the BLESSING of attending a little meeting recently that was taught by our Evengelist's wife, focusing on homeschoolers and how to have a great and organized year. It was amazing! I have told many that I feel like I learned more in that 1.5 hours than I have about organization and homeschooling anywhere else! It was so awesome, and so very exciting!! I LOVE to learn, that would be where I get myself in trouble if I don't be careful .. I could read and learn all day. BUT this was some truly beneficial learning.


She began by talking about roles. Roles?? What about them? Why do they matter? We mothers have many roles. She wrote this in her handout:

**"Most disorganization will start with your lack of perception about the roles that you have, and their order in your life. For instance, you cannot begin a proper school lesson plan without knowing your personal and family schedule, and your responsibilities to them."

Then she handed us an example handout that listed her "roles"... and encouraged us to make our own. Oh - - I loved reading hers!! How clearly written out it was! Clear goals listed under each role with action plans on how to achieve those goals!! It was awesome. Well, since then I have been slowly compiling my own "Roles" sheet and my top 4 roles are completed. My top 4 roles are Christian, Wife, Mother and Teacher. My next would maybe be Music Director's Wife, Musician, Photographer, Scrapbooker and so on.

I thought I would share my Roles sheet that I have made up so far. Reading hers was a HUGE inspiration to me and perhaps others could get excited about this "roles" idea. She also had many other beneficial handouts... a beautiful outline titled "A Successful School Year" that was jam-packed with great info and inspiration. To be completely honest, I had no idea that organization could be taken that far!!

So.... I'm all excited about this school year, so far it is going SOOOO well! Yay!!


PS - Does anyone know how to turn a Word document into a jpg without taking a picture of it!!??

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know how to make it into a JPEG but you can convert it into a PDF which can be uploaded just like a picture can. http://www.cutepdf.com/ This link will take you to a free download of "cutepdfwriter". The pdf writer will show up as a printer on your computer & when you want to convert any kind of file that way, you select "cutePDF" as your printer & then it will ask you where to save it. Hope this helps! Let me know if it works...

I am truly blessed said...

Wow...very good ideas. It sounds like from everyone that was there that it was a very beneficial learning time. I surely wish I would have been called. You have a greast start though...keep it up my friend

Karilee said...

What a blessing! I too, love to be organized and challenged to do things the best I can in an orderly manner. How wonderful to get to learn from someone who has experience and also shares your "ideals" about life.
I'd love to see the handouts too! :)

Jenny said...

What a great idea. She is SO organized!! So many things we just don't think about actually writing down or focusing on, because we think they are just so common sense to us that we don't think about it. Writing things down like this really makes them fresh in our mind, and at the forefront of our days and lives, making it more of a realistic goal that we can actually acheive. Thanks for sharing!