Saturday, September 20, 2008

Ew, Yucky Yucky




GROSS. Just Gross. We came home late one recent evening to find this nocturnal marsupial in our yard. It was huge. Dan got all excited to "catch" it and began chasing it. It hopped our fence and climbed up the wall of the neighbor's open shed-thing. He then ran and found a broom stick to try and "get" it down with. WHY? No idea. What for? Beyond me. I think he felt a little of the "You-tresspassed-on-my-property-you-varmint" type feeling. I talked him out of whacking it down and we all went in the house uneventfully. He later went outside again with further intentions for this animal... but some sweet (and some not so sweet) coaxing brought the hunter back inside again. The following week we had a Tom Cat episode in the garage in which the hunter gets bit... LOL... but I'll have to tell that another day.


























5 comments:

Amy ~ (Life's Small Treasures) said...

EWWWWW~I think the only thing worse was last week my sister and I came out of my yard in the middle of the day and right in front of us was a BABY possum ~You know what that means?!? Probably more babies and a momma :(.

I am not a fan of possums or any rodent for that matter ;)

~Amy

I am truly blessed said...

No!!! Yuck!! You should have let your hubby take care of that gross thing once and for all. LOL

Garth and Becky said...

EW! So very gross!

Jenny said...

ICK!! YUCK!! EWWW!!! I DO NOT like possums or any other rodent-type animal!! They are so so SO gross and just give me the willies. I hope he catches that "varmint" if he shows up again! I can understand your worry of biting and all, though. :)

Karilee said...

Yuck is right!! Possums are disgusting creatures! Even their babies are nasty!
I can identify with Dan being the Mighty Hunter, we had one once that Brian caught IN our house and ended his life in my towel drawer! Maybe I'll post that icky memory on my blog! lol!
Nice picture of something icky!