Friday, September 05, 2008

A Sewing Rampage!



LOL Well, not really, but I did attempt another dress. Note to self: Not all materials behave and lay the same way. I almost threw this "creation" away because I made up the lower half and it just lays funny and looks odd.... but I emailed a quick pic to Joy asking her if it's wearable and she said sure! Next time I'm going to follow a pattern that has been tried and tested! This is the most flattering view of the dress, but when standing there is some serious ... bunching at the belly, the silky poly fabric pouches out like a maternity dress. Okay, babies are stinky, gotta go.

6 comments:

The Casaus House said...

I know this is about the dress but I can't stop chuckling at Keturah picking her nose. :) I thought this dress looked great! You are really doing a good job and have such a talent for creativity.

Jenny said...

You are so cute. ;) I know how it is when you get excited about something and want to keep on going and maybe get a little carried away. I definitely think the dress is wearable. Though it is not as lovely as the first one, I still like it. Besides, Turah can make anything adorable (though maybe even more so without the nose picking--he, he ;) ). I love you and sweet Turah.

I am truly blessed said...

Lol....Turah is sooo cute. Gotta love that one. And I think the dress is cute also.

Karilee said...

Just think of the dress as a house dress and it'll be perfect! That's what I tell myself..."at least she can wear it around the house". That is until the day when you forget until you're packed up in the car and she's wearing "the house dress".
Gotta love the Little Lady in Training picking her nose! Keep that shot for a lesson on humility when she's older. :)

Tom and April said...

It looks wearable. I think it looks pretty. Would love to see it. Keep on soon you are going to be an expert.'

The Browning Family said...

very cute. I think it is fine. just put a red sash around her waist and call it good.