Thursday, June 05, 2008

Malachi James is here!

We came to the hospital around 3:30pm on Wednesday after a whole morning of consistent contractions, spent some time getting settled in the room, then concentrated on the labor and delivery.
At 9:45pm, Malachi arrived! I (Dan) took a lot of pictures, which I can't post yet because I forgot the transfer cable for the digital camera. I'll have to edit them and post them here a little later, so this hospital picture is all that you are going to get for now! (I actually sold the hospital their fancy camera, but photography classes are apparently not a pre-requisite for the security guards who took this photo...) Check out how Malachi has Gabriel's exact nose!

I'll have Jen post more details of the labor and delivery from her perspective later, but I just wanted to say that I felt as though this were a perfect birth experience. The hospital staff was very friendly and helpful, even though they had already had a very busy day. When we first arrived, the ladies at the registration desk told us that they were quite full and had to look through all of their papers to see which room wasn't taken yet. Since Jenny usually has very quick labors we wanted to get to the hospital as early as possible to avoid too much stress. The obstetrician was very calm and in-charge during the delivery itself, which really helped Jen during the pushing stage.


Well, I'll leave you with Malachi James' stats and let Jenny give more details later.


Weight, 9lbs even, length, 20.5 inches. Born, 9:45 pm, June 4th, 2008!



7 comments:

Jenny said...

YIPPEEEEE!!!!! I am overjoyed with and for you guys. What a precious gift and addition to your beautiful family!

Stephanie said...

He's beautiful!!! Wait...handsome. :) What a blessing. Congratulations! And wow - Mrs. Savage, you were right about the day. ;)

I am truly blessed said...

Welcome baby Malachi. Congratulations Dan and Jenny!!! He is beautiful...glad I could see you guys. Call me if you need ANYTHING

The Casaus House said...

Dan and Jenny, Praise the Lord for this little guy! Just watch out for Josh because he's already decided to call him "malachee" I wanted to come see you in the hospital today but we've all got the stomach flu. It finally decided to plague my family. I can't wait to hear all the details though! Congratulations!

Amanda said...

We are so happy for you guys!!! What a blessing and he is so perfect. I love his nose!!!! How cute is that? We are so overjoyed!

The Browning Family said...

He is adorable. I can't wait to hear Jenny's perspective of the labor and delivery. I LOVE hearing other women's stories. I dunno why. I almost didn't check your blog, because I knew you were in the hospital. This is what I call blog dedication! Thanks for sharing. I will have a hard time coming to see you in the hospital with all the children and being by myself during the day. I hopefully can see him soon, though. I am overjoyed that he arrived safely and in healthy disposition. I also rejoice that Jenny is doing well.

~~Deby said...

Congratulations.....to you and your family.
Deby