Sunday, August 16, 2009

Family Camp

As many of you know, I braved family camp last week with our 5 children and no husband. Dan, having started a new job, couldn't ask for time off - of course! I was nervous about it all... but my church family took such great care of us, it was amazing! It was a great time of physical and spiritual refreshment. I'm so glad I went! I thought I would share some photos... I may share more later, too. The location was SOOO beautiful!! It was almost unbelievable how beautiful it was. The mountains just jutted straight up from the valley. It was at Tall Timbers Ranch. One of the best parts was... we didn't have to cook! The camp staff cooked all the meals. Now, that's nice!

Here is our group shot. Shane Hilson was holding Malachi for me and just decided to raise him in the air! LOL. Fortunately, there were other group shots, I just posted this one.

This is a view walking back toward the main lodge. The buildings you see are the cabins we all stay in.



Gilead, up in a tree for the high ropes course. He was one of the helpers this year.




The "mansel" in distress, as Pastor called him! LOL! Shane Hilson was the first guy you had to swing to on a rope to begin the course... Pastor would yell out "Be brave, rescue the mansel in distress!" - to encourage the people to swing to Shane. It was hilarious.









Keturah sitting on Jaimee's lap.






Holly was very brave and made it right up that ladder. She even decided to "jump" for the rope instead of just swing from it for that first jump. It was told to us that after that, all the men had to "jump" for the rope too... since Holly did. Hee hee.







Holly with her mansel.... (it's her husband). I'm sure knowing that he would be catching her made it easier to just jump for the hanging rope. Well... that, and the fact that you are safe in a belay harness the whole time. LOL









My hefty ride, which looks especially loaded down right now because it has the baby backpack carrier hanging on the back. There was always an eager man or teen to push my ride for me... I never even had to ask. This photo must have been taken before Malachi's "dee dee" (blanket) made the complete transition from blue to brown.







Isaiah and Gabriel had so much fun on the rock climbing wall!! They LOVED it! Here is 2 photos of Isaiah on the wall. What great memories were made!
Well, maybe I'll post a second round of Family Camp photos in a few days... just wanted to share what we've been up to this past week.... it was a great blessing to go. Looking forward to next year.



















5 comments:

Michelle H said...

Looks like a blast!! I hope we can plan ahead far enough one year to go!
I can't wait to see other pictures. It'll be nice to have everyone home and blogging again- I miss everyone's updates!

Garth and Becky said...

What a beautiful location and what fun it looks like everyone had! I'm glad you and the kids were able to go.

Jeanné said...

aww i am glad you had fun!!!
I was hoping to go..but it all worked out great. christopher and i had a great time after he got home from work, we got to spend some time together. he has already said that the three of us (us and our son) will be going next year!! I am excited...i have NEVER gone to family camp before!

i am excited to see all the other pictures you have. i love the picture of holly and shane...SO cute!!

Karilee said...

So Awesome that you were able to go!! Wow, that really looks like a fun!
The setting is sooo beautiful. Makes me miss WA so much. Ohio is blah compared to those majestic mountains!
How great that you were so well taken care of by your church fam! God is so good!
I bet Dan missed ya'll.
Can you imagine that much time ALONE in your own house? me neither. :)
Can't wait to see the rest of your pics!

Amanda said...

Wow!!! Holly looks super buff!! Ha! I am glad you guys had such a wonderful time!