Here are some less than glamourous photos of me trying to take my own photo while driving down the road to go visit family on Saturday.
They all have different lighting so I thought it gave a decent idea. It's hard to take your own photo!!! These are straight out of the camera, no editing of any kind...but trust me I wanted to! BTW, what IS that thing on my cheek next to my nose? I had to look in the mirror after seeing the photos, turns out it's a freckle. (?)
So, back to the bare minerals... the only part that is harder for me to adjust to is that they are a little more "luminous" than I'm used to... I'm used to a very matte look and this has more of a fresh, dewey...luminous look. So, I'm going to see if I can get used to the little bit of more shine.
But I LOVE the longevity of the wear! Oh my, when we got home from visiting family... it still looked great after 12 hours! That is not at all how my normal foundation is. Dan really loves it...the color I use is "fairly light", and I think it is a very natural looking color, very close to my own skin. Dan keeps commenting that he just loves how my skin is looking, so that makes it all worth it! I bought my pieces on ebay after some big research.
I was worried about the coverage it could offer...I have a very red face with a lot of red blotchiness on it, all in the wrong places. Around my nose is red and when I'm with child I have darkness around my eyes pretty bad. It said it was for light to medium coverage... scary words for me... but it does just fine!! It covers just what I want it to... especially when paired with the bisque, which is a mineral concealer. I'm so excited to have found something so fun and new to use! I get pretty excited to put on my makeup now! Woo Hoo, thanks for the great idea JOY!!! Have you guys tried bare minerals/bare escentuals? What did you think? Oh, and to my friends, PLEASE tell me when you see me in person if you think it is just TOO much shine. THANK YOU.



6 comments:
I have used them about a year, same color as you...
My sisters will order them from QVC much cheaper, I usually will go to Ulta (South Center Mall) they have a great selection.
I don't think it is a SHINE, it is a natural GLOW, which is a good thing, IMHO
Deby
Hmmmm.... I am a skeptic. Do you have to use a foundation with it? I just really need good coverage. I have blotchy skin that needs a good cover. I happen to like the dewey look. I saw an infomercial on airbrushing foundation and blush. Has anyone heard of it. I have really wanted to try minerals. What about the minerals at Costco that they sell? Maybe I'll ask in a post.
I am so glad that you made a post on this. I bought mine with my Mom H while visiting. (Yes she wears it too.) At first I wasn't sure I liked it either. It is just so different from what I am used to. It is so light on my skin. Since having Caleb I have had a lot of break out. But it has covered all the red (I have a lot of red but the bisque really covers.) and does not look clumpy. I use the same colors you are using. I am glad to know that it does not have all the fillers in it so my break outs have been less. Yes it is a investment but worth it. You can go to Nordstom's to be matched to a color if you want or just to make sure it covers like you want it to, then order it on line. Tony loves it on my face also. He says it looks more natural.
Lisa
No, you don't have to use a foundation with it, the mineral powder IS the foundation. I was also a huge skeptic for a long time, doubting the converage. But I like more coverage than anyone else I know (I would buy special clinique makeup made for max coverage) but this stuff really does cover! I have also seen the airbrush infomercials and thus far I'm thinking it's hogwash...just imagining the overspray at the hairline grosses me out. I think it would be a pain. Maybe epinions has some reviews on it?
I love Bare minerals. Been using them for about two years now. I love the way it feels like I have nothin on my face. Bottle lasts me SOOO long I had to stop them from sending them to me for a while because I have so many.
So, I might try this out. But I was lso just informed that you can check how often I look at your page! ha. So, I must cut back. I am constantly looking at everyone's page for updates. Anyhow, I think the make up looks good. Hope you all have a good day!
Post a Comment