Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Resurrection Sunday!


Here are some pictures from Easter Sunday, or Resurrection Sunday!
These are all "snapshots" meaning that they are mostly with a flash and are NOT great, award winning photography. I am a natural light photographer only right now... meaning indoors in dark rooms, I have to use my flash, so all the photos look like they were taken with a cardboard box camera. (Not to insult any of you out there who love to buy those cardboard cameras. (big toothy smile) Many of them are blurry too because I took them during the actual service and didn't want my flash firing and being a distraction. Also, none of them are edited... I've been editing portraits all afternoon and I'm all edited out. So, red eye and all, here they are!
Later in the week though, I WILL be sharing some portraits that I have done recently, and some fun puddle stomping photos of my kiddos.
Above is our choir... I'm not sure how many members are in it right now...because I'm not in choir right now due to the pregnancy.... but I do know that there are a handfull missing from this photo that were serving in the children's ministries that morning.

Keturah, below who was being kind of clingy and sad. Also visible is Abigail.


Cute Sweet Ellie in a beautiful dress!




The choir special that featured the quartet. It was amazing!! I was so ready to NOT cry,.. but of course I was balling.


A family that joined the church that morning. They have been members before, but the military had moved them away ... only to once again bring them back. Yay!





My boys. We found some matching George shirts at Walmart this year. I love those George shirts! Can't beat $10 for a shirt and tie! And they're a pretty good quality! We usually try to get new outfits for the kids for Resurrection Sunday, if it is possible at the time. Perhaps our only tradition of any kind. :)






Doesn't this little girl look like she could be Keturah's little sister?







A sweet family.








A newer family to our church, also so sweet!








This little man was 5 or so weeks early and had to spend time in the NICU. He got to come home on Valentine's day though and is doing great!










One of our Pastor's wives and her adorable little girl.











These girls were SOOO excited for me to take their picture. They were practically begging me! Not! Hee hee.. they were good sports though. Mrs. Moss is so beautiful.












Daddy and Keturah. I wish the weather would have been doing something other than pouring cats and dogs! I would have loved to have someone snap our photo outside. Dan was wearing a lime green shirt also, and so was I! (THANKS A MILLION LISA!!!) We were all in Lime green and black, except Keturah who was in white, but had some green in her dress.
All photos used with permission from the subjects. (or their parents) :)


4 comments:

Mrs. Pizo said...

I love the pictures!! I can not get over how big the babies are getting! I am glad that you all matched! I love it when we can pull that off.
Lisa

~~Deby said...

What great pictures, I know a few of them and it is nice to see updates....
What I love about today...and everyday is:
HE IS STILL RISEN !!!
and coming again.
Rapture Ready,
Deby

I am truly blessed said...

What sweet pictures to see first thing in the morning. Brings tears to my eyes to see everyone.

The Browning Family said...

I tried to leave a comment earlier, but blogger was having system problems. Anyhow - love the post. I am glad you did it too, because we are in junior church and missed seeing everyone. I heard it was a packed house - and praise the Lord for it.