Monday, March 24, 2008

Please Pray For Andrew Stringer!!

If you can, please pray for Andrew Stringer. He is the red-head in these photos. He has had a major heart attack, maybe more than one, and is in really bad shape. He is only 33 years old. He Pastors Beacon Baptist church in WV. He is a member of the Joint Heirs Trio, but I don't think they sing together anymore...Terry Lawson is an evangelist, I believe they have separate ministries now.

Their music has been a great blessing to our family! I have had the priveledge to see them sing in person at the Portland Youth Conference a number of years ago... they are amazing. This is so tragic. He has 3 children, the oldest being 8 and his wife is 6 months pregnant with their 4th baby. She is due in June. Here is a link to a long list of updates on his condition. I am praying for a miracle. http://www.childrens-church-ministry.com/andrew-stringer.html

I took some photos on Resurrection Sunday to share with those who are afar or like poor Kristi who can't come back to church yet... that will be my next post.

7 comments:

~~Deby said...

Jenny,
Sure will pray for this man and his family.
Deby

I am truly blessed said...

Oh my. I will definitely be praying for them and for the family.
And just a littel FYI...I am hoping to be able to come to church on Sunday...at least for one service. Do you know if there are still alot of people sick??

Jenny said...

Oh, that would be great! I'm not sure about how many people are sick... I think that the majority of people are getting over it... but maybe Mrs. H would know best. Sorry I couldn't be more help! I look forward to seeing you! Remember, services start at 10am and there is no Sunday School class anymore (on Sundays anyway). :)

I am truly blessed said...

Hi again jenny. Well, I just talked to Mrs O and her entire family is sick and so is the family who is staying with them. And then she told me that she talked to Mrs H today, and they are all home sick. Ughhh!! With the newborn babe..I dont want him to catch anything...but especially with me getting over this infection around the incision, I dont want to catch anything on top of it....because the OB said it will continue to be at risk for opening. Yuck!! All this sickness is sure going around late this year. It too shall pass though. You going to ladies retreat?? I really want to go!!

Jenny said...

Kristi, OH yes, I'm going to ladies retreat. I kinda wanted to wimp out of it...I've just been So tired lately and you know--sometimes it's just easier to do NOTHING than go through the effort of going. But, that's not an option for me... even if I didn't really feel like going (which I actually DO - just being a wimp) Dan says I'm going. I'm not sure if it will be as "relaxing" as people say, I usually intend to relax, but am too excited to have the great fellowship with other ladies. At least I will be getting a break from parenting. And at this exact moment, I need that break.
Hee hee... who knew that we could turn the comment section into an email system? LOL Do you have Msn messenger? I use that with a few of my friends.. maybe we could do that.
Sickness.... it's so funny, (not really) after I left my last comment, I started feeling not so well too! My nose started running, etc. So, yes, looks like it's still going around. Is your infection getting better? Are you going to be able to go to ladies retreat?

I am truly blessed said...

LOL jenny!! If the comment section works for email...great. I dont have msn messenger...but I could probably sign up couldnt I??
As for ladies retreat, Yes i want to go. And NO...you will not relax much...but the fellowship is oh so sweet. I think last year I came home exhausted from staying up so late each night...but I just love it. I have not paid yet, so I guess I need to do that real soon as it is first come first serve right??
As for my infection...Praise God it is getting better. It is looking wonderful compared to what it looked like in the hospital. I will share some more with you about it.....I will email you though. Is your email address in the directory? I have the new directory

Jenny said...

Yes, it is. Just make sure that the space you see in the address in the directory is typed as an underscore. (_) You can send a test email first, before sending the real one to make sure it's correct. That's what I always do. Then I'll reply back and you'll know. I'm editing photos right now... otherwise I'm not usually on the computer this much!