.jpg)
Just thought I would share these portraits of this adorable little gal. She never smiles a ton for me...but her mommy can usually squeeze a few out of her. She has very sparkly blue eyes!
I'm sad that I'm going to be so "great with child" during the senior portraits months... I've already been contacted by a few clients wanting senior portraits...in fact, I think I already typed this in a different blog post. LOL Oh well... de ja vu. I'll talk to Dan and see what he thinks, but it's probably just too much to take on. If he could just do the "taking" of the photos and I could do the post processing.... but I doubt that would work.
I'm sad that I'm going to be so "great with child" during the senior portraits months... I've already been contacted by a few clients wanting senior portraits...in fact, I think I already typed this in a different blog post. LOL Oh well... de ja vu. I'll talk to Dan and see what he thinks, but it's probably just too much to take on. If he could just do the "taking" of the photos and I could do the post processing.... but I doubt that would work.
I also posted 2 before and after editing examples at the bottom of this post. People ask to see those often and it's fun to look at the difference. The main things I change as a photographer is the lighting, the tone of the skin (from cool to warm), the dullness of the eyes, the sharpness and then I boost the colors. Oh, and I also remove blemishes and other obvious imperfections, especially if they're transient. I haven't made any black and whites of these yet, I thought I'd let the mom choose which to convert.
On a side note I have been finding that the differences of how things look with a cheap LCD monitor versus a great CRT monitor or a high end LCD are amazing. I went to show Dan these photos and how they turned out on the laptop the other day.... and was like......WHA?????? I REALLY did edit these, honey! I felt like I couldn't even see a difference because I was used to viewing them on our much nicer monitor in the office. I hope I'm making sense. I was amazed at the detail that was lost on the laptop and the variations in brightness. I know that brightness can be adjusted...but still. Just had to rant about that for a minute. :)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)




7 comments:
wow I need to learn to edit. great job. Well better learn how to use my camera first
very nice pics. What a cutie. I am so excited to have my new camera....well, I have had it for over 6 months now..but I have still not learned much on it as far as the extra features go. My old one was very similar...but this new one I love. I just need to get some mores lenses and then I will be set. But they are sooooo pricey. Yikes!!
Beautiful Pics! We thought we would join the wonderful world of blogging. More like peer pressure..nah I am kidding. I just love the pics you take. April.
These are just so sweet, you sure do know what you are doing...I love that sweater she is wearing....so much color and looks great on her....
Deby
btw thanks for yesterday's comment I DID publish it.
So pretty! I love your edits, the colors look great. As always, you did great!
beautiful...love seeing my niece with such pretty smiles
You are so funny! Primate....haha. Well, I will have to blog about how that nick name came about. :)
Post a Comment