Well, I made out like a bandit! When I got home I almost felt like I robbed those people! LOL I got a white wooden cradle for $5, a white bassinette on wheels for $5, a very high-end baby backpack carrier for $5... a Pooh Costume (for children) for $1, a bag of beanie babies and other small stuffed animals for $1, and then we also got a big castle set for $10. That was the most expensive item, the castle set... but I thought that ten bucks still wasn't bad for an awesome toy! Dan says he remembers seeing it in the Toys R Us catalog last Christmas for $100...a few of the pieces are missing... but that's to be expected. The boys love it! They keep taking turns "saving the princess" in their own ways. Haha. I had already had a cradle, just like that one, but mine was a dark brown wood and we had intended on painting it white this year. NOW, we don't have to spend the money on the spray paint, it's already done for us for $5! Praise the Lord. I love garage sales. Yay!
Oh.... and please don't mind all of the background clutter, it looks like a garage sale threw up in my living room... and on top of that my vacuum broke 4 days ago.... it began sounding as loud as a jet all of the sudden, scaring me and the children. It wasn't the belt.... but since we got it when we got married we figured it had served it's time and it was time to get a new one. Amanda told us about an awesome one that she bought.... so we picked it up last night, but haven't put it to use yet. ALL that to SAY.... don't look at the crumbs on the floor either!! LOL



3 comments:
A girl after my own heart. I LOVE LOVE LOVE to find deals on things. I rarely pay full price for anything. What a blessing that must have been for you to find such great things at such a great price.
Me tooooo....love garage sales, Goodwill , Value Village, Craig's list...Isnt' that what a Proverbs 31 woman DOES????? Congratulations on your first yard sale of 2008....
Deby
Good Loot! My boys will love to check out that castle!
Post a Comment