children for Easter, and often we get them for us too. We also like the fun in trying to find ones that match. We were able to match Josiah and Gabriel this year, but not Isaiah. Penney's is doing funky things this year for the smaller suits, I'm sure it's just to get more money. All of the smaller ones, like 2T and 3T don't come as just a suit, they come with a very cheap dress shirt and a tie already included. Then they bump the price up to $59. Crazy! I like the tie, but I can totally see my hand through the dress shirt, I hate those cheap dress shirts. I would prefer to buy the shirts separately, like I do for the older boys. Oh well.So, they were having their annual "One Sweet Sale" where you get a candy bar and the wrapper gets you either 20, 30 or 40% off your shopping that day, but ONLY for regular priced merchandise. If it's already on a sale, then you can take off an extra 10%. Fortunately for us, the older boys suits were not on sale, so I was able to get them for 40% off....and same for their matching shirts and ties. The suits were regularly prices at $50 each, and the shirts were reg. $16 each which makes the ensemble $66 (which we would never pay).....but with the discounts and then an extra 10% for putting it on the Penneys card, I got each suit for $35 each, shirts, ties and all. I'm delighted. Seeing as how men's suits are a minimum $100 before tailoring, I'm happy with the price. Isaiah's suit didn't get as much of a discount, since it was already on sale, but it was still a fair deal. We look forward to wearing them next week.
We did a HUGE Walmart trip tonight! Oh man, was I mother hubbard. You know, from the nursery rhyme? We were so very out of everything. It took forever to put everything away, but I won't need to go to the store for awhile! We filled 2 carts, and we never do that.
Today was overall very productive, we woke with the intention of going to the Point Defiance Zoo and Aquarium, but the msn forcast said it was supposed to be very rainy in Tacoma. WELL!........it was NOT rainy until later in the afternoon....but oh well, maybe it did rain there. So, we decided to stay home and be super productive today. We finished building the second cabinet for the laundry room and got it installed. Boy, that was a job, getting it all perfectly lined up. Then after that we hung our black shelves that we bought for the living room and put all of our black and whites of the family up there. It was a lot of work to plan where to put the shelves, and to space them all right, but after that installing them was a breeze. We love the result! I took a picture after it was completed and will probably post it tomorrow....that is if I get my camera out of the trunk before Dan takes the car to work. Hee hee....probably won't happen. Well, I better get to bed. I'm totally exhausted. It's already waaaayyyy too late. Night!



3 comments:
Hey - that's neat! We also went to JC Penney's when they had candy bars. I hardly ever buy anything anywhere at full price - groceries, clothes, shoes - just wait for it to go on sale. Good Job!
I'm gonna ask Phillip if I can go to JcPenney today...or tomorrow...when does sale end? I would so like to get Gabriel a new suit, his I melted with the iron. :-0 Anyhow,,, let me know... also any choir practice on Sunday?
Great deal!! I love the shirt colors. Nice and bright, but not pink! We all have new dud's to sport as well. It is a fun "tradition". I got great deals also...Sophia's dress was only $ 2.99, can you guess where I got it?
Post a Comment