since that's better than a picture of just the dress on a hanger...but with the odd service that we had last night, setting up the new pew chairs, etc. ...it was dark before we had remembered...and Dan went back to the church to help more anyway. Hey! I know...I'll go fetch one of the pictures he took of the new chairs all set up. Then, we're off to the zoo! (Got a late start to the zoo this morning because I was having some bleeding....kinda bad, thought I'd have to go to the doctor....but it's stopped, and I had no cramping, so we're praying baby's fine. There were a few other factors involved too. Talked to the nurse, got the green light to go on with my day....so off we go! The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. I have no fear! (: Bye!)
Monday, April 24, 2006
*ALMOST* got my picture taken in my new dress...
I made another dress while at Joy's house, this time light blue with a small floral print. It turned out so pretty...we made it with bell type sleeves, those large, flowy, feminine looking ones. It was sooo hard to figure out how to cut the material for that type of sleeve...but after much twisting, turning and wishing we had paid more attention in geometry class, we got it! I am soooo pleased with the results! I got so many compliments yesterday, it was almost surreal. I'm not sure if it was the color, (I almost never wear blue), the print or the dress style itself...but I got surely over 50 comments. I was so nervous that the neck wasn't high enough...I felt a little immodest in it, but some close friends assured me it was okay. It's not that it was low cut, but I wore my hair up and felt more bare than usual, I guess. Praise the Lord for allowing me to learn how to sew, and pointing out that $1 a yard fabric for me. Now I have 2 nice, church maternity dresses. I was planning all morning to have Dan take my picture in it,
since that's better than a picture of just the dress on a hanger...but with the odd service that we had last night, setting up the new pew chairs, etc. ...it was dark before we had remembered...and Dan went back to the church to help more anyway. Hey! I know...I'll go fetch one of the pictures he took of the new chairs all set up. Then, we're off to the zoo! (Got a late start to the zoo this morning because I was having some bleeding....kinda bad, thought I'd have to go to the doctor....but it's stopped, and I had no cramping, so we're praying baby's fine. There were a few other factors involved too. Talked to the nurse, got the green light to go on with my day....so off we go! The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. I have no fear! (: Bye!)
since that's better than a picture of just the dress on a hanger...but with the odd service that we had last night, setting up the new pew chairs, etc. ...it was dark before we had remembered...and Dan went back to the church to help more anyway. Hey! I know...I'll go fetch one of the pictures he took of the new chairs all set up. Then, we're off to the zoo! (Got a late start to the zoo this morning because I was having some bleeding....kinda bad, thought I'd have to go to the doctor....but it's stopped, and I had no cramping, so we're praying baby's fine. There were a few other factors involved too. Talked to the nurse, got the green light to go on with my day....so off we go! The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. I have no fear! (: Bye!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Wow, that was fast - just yesterday we were there, and now a picture of the new auditorium. It looks really nice!
I would settle for a picture of the dress on a hanger again... The chairs look really nice! I think that "one happy family" was right, it is always fun to upset people's self assigned seating patterns. We love to change where we sit in the church periodically, just to throw people off! :)
I can remember that church building from when I was a very little girl...now it's modernized(the chairs look great!), but still the same familiar building.:) Yes, do take a picture of you in the new dress. I'll be praying that baby is fine, as well.
Post a Comment