
I took some pictures of our new photo wall and wanted to share. I think it looks much better in real life...more three dimensional and alive. But this is the only way I can share it with many of you. Please tell me what you think! And even tell me if you think that the spacing or arrangement should be different! I need to take some new pictures of Isaiah...those are from last June....that's way too long ago for a 1 year old. I plan on doing a garage shoot soon with the kids, I've been waiting for the weather to warm up and a day that Dan can help. I want to take some bath shots of Isaiah for the bathroom walls. I plan to buy one of those round metal troughs that look like kiddie bath tubs, fill it with hot water...put a big white sheet behind it....then take dish liquid and make a TON of bubbles and put those in there and start shooting away with him getting into it, playing in it, splashing....then
we're going to put a huge pile of bubbles on his head and shoot him trying to grab at them, it should be fun. As LONG as Dan's there to help. I did a quick shoot with Josiah at the park in Silverdale last week, but it was very difficult with the other 2 boys who were wanting to play and trying to sit on the grass patiently. It takes a lot of concentration on the subject to get good shots and that's hard when I'm worring about the baby getting abducted, wandering off, etc. My friend Sarah offered to help if I ever need it, and I may take her up on that. :) I DID get a few good usable shots of Josiah that I'm pleased with, I plan on putting them up here soon.Here's a picture of our newly painted laundry room and it's 2 new cabinets. They aren't cheap, those silly cabinets, so we're buying them one or 2 at a time.
Dan's plan is to put a single skinny cabinet all the way to the left, about 12 inches wide, with a short hanging rod underneath it where I can hang up long things like dresses. Then to the right, where that tall floor cabinet is he's going to install another regular cabinet followed by a corner cabinet and contnue them across the next wall. It can double as more pantry space, since we like to buy many things in bulk. On the right hand side, under the cabinets that will go there we'll have another hanging rod to hand everything else on as it comes out of the dryer.I also though I'd share a picture of our new dining room light fixture. Well, it's not really new anymore...I guess a few months maybe. I can't remember. The house we bought came with a lot of oddly painted things, and the dining room
light fixture was no exception. It was an odd shape and they had it painted rose and teal....maybe it was green, but it was supposed to mimic leaves and petals. It was probably pretty in the 80's but when the day came that it fell off it's mounting and onto our old table....well, we weren't sad. We got this fixture for a tremendous deal....it was normally $100, and we paid around $30 because I saw that the box was beat up and a small part had been scratched. So after some asking and pushing, the manager went from ten percent off, to ten dollars off. Yea! It was already on sale, and it was the last one in stock. I will be able to fix the chipped paint part with no problem. It casts such a nice warm glow over the table, we just love it!I was SOOOO tired today? Why in the world are there some days when I can conquer the world, and others when I must have a nap? I blame it on the Red Lobster food we ate last night. I wanted to go to Olive Garden, but Dan was in the mood for some fried crunchy things. I had NO idea they have a totally different menu for dinner! We have visited there once before after church and thought the prices were pretty fair....but NOT for dinner, they're not. Oh well....at least you get tons of leftovers to take home. I told him though, that he "owes" me an Olive Garden visit. That's my favorite! Well, off to bed, hope I can sleep after the monster nap I took. Bye!



2 comments:
Love the pictures and what you have done so far... you are getting me in the mood to do stuff around here....see you tonight.
The photo wall looks great! I'm going to do a similar thing in a corner area of our family room, which is our office area. What type of paint finish did you use? Flat, Satin, Semi, etc? The "glow" in the pic is, I'm sure from the flash, that's why I a wonderin'.
Post a Comment