Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Today...

My heart is still blessed from the wonderful music that was at the Singspiration that we attended last night!

My eyes are swollen and my head swimmy from a night of crying after reading about the orphanages in far away lands.

I hope to get the whole house clean and all the laundry done.

I hope to gain ground on training Malachi and his wilful spirit.

I will do another hour of speech therapy with Gabriel, encouraging him to not feel discouraged.

I will enjoy sweet time with the Lord in reading and prayer.

I feel the Lord growing me in different areas and showing me my sin as I ask Him to.

I have no idea of what's going on in the news, and never do. I often feel guilty for not knowing, but knowing just causes me needless worry and wondering and who wants that?

I plan to make a wonderful meal for my husband tonight, one of his favorites... either biscuits and gravy or fried chicken.

I will try hard to get in a little piano practice time since I have this terrifying fear that I may need to fill in or help out some time. (which is funny that I have the fear at all, seeing as how I used to play for church ALL the time! It's just been a loooong time!)

I will try to encourage at least a few people even if it's only on Facebook. Words cost nothing but can mean so very much.

(post idea borrowed from my friend Kimberly)

4 comments:

Mcarthur Mile said...

Well I will pray for God to bless your time today. I also have a mountain of laundry and thinking of starting school at the end of summer makes me nervous. I also was up to late crying over those poor sweet babies. Hope you have a blessed day.
Mary

Tom and April said...

I say stuff like this to myself in my head every morning. It helps more when I start out asking the Lord to accomplish the things He would have me to rather than my agenda. I usually have a better day and get a lot accomplished. How come I don't remember to do this EVERYday??? Anyhow, just wanted to share how your blog reminded me of that and convicted me in my rememberance. Thanks,April.

Joy said...

I LOVE all you wrote! It is a wonderful challenge for me. I need to write out things like this and pursue them. Instead I don't write them for fear of failing them. Not so good huh? I suppose it is not wanting to challenge myself.
LOVE YOU Jenny!!

The Browning Family said...

I am going to steal this idea. Thank you for your support in our adoption. It is soooo encouraging and we are very thankful! Thank you thank you thank you thank you...