Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Spelling Matters... it really really does

Welcome to my first ever non-family related/ semi-controversial blog post. I hope it offends no one... I just found it too amusing and unbelieveable not to share. lol Stumbled across these on another blog...

Spelling matters. It really does. Poor spelling will affect the rest of your life. I'm not talking about typos, those are common. If you can't spell right now, then use a spell checker or google difficult words. I do that all the time. I ALWAYS have to google the word privilege... I want to spell it priveledge, priviledge or privelege. If you can't spell well, study and ask the Lord to help you. If children can learn, so can adults. =) So, amuse yourself for a moment with these epic fails. Sigh.

And if I've offended you, tell it to Jesus, and then tell me later... and I'll apologize and make it right. =)



This one is my favorite. How many can you spot? I see 3.









Impermanence is a Buddhist doctrine... think that's what she meant?


Your going? Where's my going?








Too bad he didn't pay attention in school.







A tragedy indeed. Hee hee...

7 comments:

Emily's Posts said...

I agree completely!! You can tell when it is a typo and when it is just someone who really has trouble with spelling.

Joy said...

LOL! Bummer dude!! Those crack me up!! They need a spell checker for tattoos now a days. Maybe they don't even notice the spelling is wrong which makes it all the more pitiful. LOL!! Ignorance is bliss. HA HA HA!!

Joy said...

b z xecdx2wdxax
That is what Levi has to say about it. I caught him pounding away. Hee hee!

Michelle H said...

Spelling is a major issue/irritant to me!!! Poor spelling has turned me away from reading many blogs. Of course everyone has their problem words and a typo here and there, but come on! I also can't believe how many people wouldn't check the spelling of words about to be permanently inked onto their skin. YIKES!!

Karilee said...

So funny and pathetic. Just think, even if they realized that it was misspelled, what could you do about it? They'd have to walk around for the rest of they're life feeling like an idiot or hoping that the people that they're with don't know how to spell either. so sad.
Also, I'm the same way about the word "privilege". I just had to look it up today...I hate being wrong on the same thing over and over!!
btw, I'm not offended...that is, unless YOU have a misspelled tat you're trying to tell us about nonchalantly! :) jk, love ya!

The Browning Family said...

TESTING COMMENT

Jenny said...

Testing...