Thursday, June 17, 2010

THE Pine Cone Fight


This was so much fun!!! Who knew pine cones could offer such entertainment? On our Memorial Day gathering, a few of the men were outside and a pine cone fight broke out. There are pine cones everywhere, and they just started hurling them at each other. I was laughing so hard, it was great.

Dan would just catch the ones I threw... made me so mad. lol The wet ones went much faster and harder than the dry ones. I wanted to play too... but sadly, I was a terrible throw and none of the men would throw them at me except Dan. Ha. :) So I took a few photos instead. I hope they don't mind that I posted these, just let me know if you do!








Now this is sad. Look at him robbing the "old ladies'" shopping cart of pine cones!! Ha! Look at their faces! Desperate move, Mr. J!



All the poor little toddlers are oblivious to the violence flying around them.












Lastly, some cute toddler buns courtesy of Malachi. He wanted so hard to be able to throw that softball and use that mitt. Someday, buddy, I promise.



4 comments:

Amanda said...

You guys look like you had a great time!

Emily's Posts said...

how fun!! my boys did that in Bend, OR with really big pine cones! They had a blast, but as we were in a public place, we had to make them clean up the war zone when they finished. :)

The Casaus House said...

LOVE the last picture of Malachi!! And of course all the ones of Josh. :) You should have told me Jenny, I would have got in on the action!

Jenny said...

Ha! Fun! LOVE, love, LOVE that Malachi picture. Classic and oh-so-sweet!